37. Behaviour change?

Aphmau's POV

Her eyes brown tinted orange and the other covered. Her hair a dark almost back purple. Her clothes slightly torn but otherwise okay. Her hair was slightly messy. And her eyes looked tired and sad almost.

I looked directly at her and watched silently. But that was when she stabbed Bella in the back. Ava looked at her and I sighed deeply. Ava ran at Kristina. Kristina slowly turned around and charged at Ava herself. Her sword was unsheathed. The swords hit each other in the middle and made a huge clang noise. Kristina ducked out of the way as Ava's sword swang at her again. I watched the split second decision. Then Kristina kicked Ava's legs. And I watched as Ava fell to the floor.

I had never thought that Kristina would kill one of her friends before. I was confused. Why would she do that? Why would she kill her best friend? Unless there was something different going on.

I thought for a second longer then looked up at Kristina. She still looked tired. The sadness hadn't faded. And I feel it wouldn't. I could only guess what's wrong but I hope it's not that.

I looked into Kristina's eyes. She grabs the infants and passes them to me. She touched their heads and closed her eyes. She was concentrating. I wanted to ask what she was doing but I didn't. Her eyes snap open and she places her hands by her side and turns away from me. She bends down next to Ava and touches her head.

"She's okay... Her mind is tainted though. Is Lucinda okay?" She asked.

"She is as okay as she can be... You left so suddenly... Are you okay." I reply.

"Aph... I will never be perfectly fine." She said.

I sighed and looked away. The clearing it didn't look as beautiful as it used to. The flowers used to glow with beautiful colours, there were always birds in the trees and now everything looks grey.

Tears flood my eyes. My mind had jumbled up the thoughts trying to piece them all together. I couldn't understand what had just happened in front of me.

All that should matter to me is that my daughter's are safe but what about what had happened. I have to stop. I must calm down.

I wipe my eyes clear if the tears that had flooded them and looked at Kristina. She had Ava in her arms and looked at me.

"Ready to leave?" She asked me.

"Yeah..." I say as we start to walk back towards Phoenix drop.

The walk back was silent, we didn't talk to each other at all. It was strange Krista usually made strange jokes but today she seemed shut off from the outside world. She seemed to quiet, to alone, to broken. And that's when I realized it... She could no longer take things in. She couldn't cope with reality and had shut herself down. She can't leave me... I don't want to be alone, I don't want to loose her, not now, not again.

Memories flood my thoughts and I loose balance.

"APHMAU!" I hear as they take me over.

Kristina POV

I grabbed her before she hit the floor. I had accidentally dropped Ava but to me at that moment Irean was more important. I place my hand on Aph's head and close my eyes.

There memories. That's all they are.

I open my eyes and place the girls to her side. I place hold Aphmau in my arms and I put Ava over my shoulder. The girls I trusted to stay by my side.

"Are you to okay?" I ask them.

"Yeah but is mommy okay?" Alina asks.

"Shes fine she just a little tired that's all." I reassured them.

I walk to the gates which were about three hundred yards from where we were.

"Hey! Open the Gates! Lady Aphmau has fainted!" I shout up.

The gates open immediately and I see Alexis and Kyle stood there looking at me.

"Lady Krista are you okay?" They ask.

"I'm fine just take Lady Aphmau and her children home and get Kawaii~Chan to look in on them every now and then." I say.

Kyle grabs the girls hands and Alexis grabs Lady Aphmau from m arms.

"Where are you going with her?" Alexis asks pointing at Ava.

"Lucinda's." I reply.

I watch them leave and them walk over to the beautiful cottage on the hill. I see Lucinda talking with a woman. I recognise her as Hyreia.

I run over as fast as I could. She notices me and smiles her warm loving smile. She always was like a mother to me. Lucinda looks at me and frowns when she sees Ava over my shoulder. She walks over to me as I start walking to her.

"You couldn't hold her like that you know..." Lucinda said.

I look up at her and frown to my self throwing Ava up in the air and catching her bridal style.

"Better?" I ask.

Lucinda nods inviting me inside her house with Hyreia.