41. something weird.

Kristina's POV.

I stayed still and thought for a few seconds but still teleported out of the house making sure to change the woman in the pictures to the one I created. The pain I feel gets worse as I stumble into the clearing I had thought I'd leave behind.

My eyes close as I look at the dimension portal. This is the only way out. I open my eye. I could feel they were pure white and glowing. I feel a hug from behind and know Aphmau was saying goodbye. I hold her arm with my hand.

"Good bye..." I whisper as my other hand let's out a ball of light.

The portal creates itself. I have three minutes to get inside before it destroys me. I sigh as she lets go I slip a small sapling into her pocket. The note will explain it to her. I then step into the portal. Time here goes slower than out there.

I let go of the memory's and store them away. I fade away into a deep sleep forgetting my past and rewriting the future.

Aphmau's POV

I ran to her and hugged her from behind. I could see the glow of her eyes. I could feel the pain in her heart.

She grabbed my arm with her hand and held it as a ball of light shot out of the other.

There was a huge raw surge of magiks as a portal appeared out of the ground. It felt light and dark and had a white and dark purple aura coming off it. She looked at me with a sad smile.

I heard her whisper 'good bye. '

I let go and she walked into the portal. I could see it properly now. The glassy looking window was white in colour and glowed. The frame of the portal was gold and had delicate silver flower details.

Tears fall down my face as I watch the portal close. They flooded my senses and I hit the floor. I couldn't breath.

I slowly dried my eyes and sighed. My heart cracking further. I slowly stand up and sigh to myself. I have had a sister and when she finally came into my life she had to leave again. I miss her so much, so much it hurts and she hasn't even been gone long.

I walk by a river and wash my face in it. I then watch the calming water run. It helps I feel all my troubles finally flow away, drifting with the water. It doesn't hurt as much and instead of a foggy cloud covering my mind it was clear, I could finally think straight.

I walked to the gates of Phoenix drop. Alexis saw me instantly. She opened the gate and met me inside.

"Are you okay Lady Aphmau. I heard that you ran out over an hour ago." Alexis said.

"Alexis, I'm fine. I promise." I reply.

She nods and I take my leave. I know that Kristina created a different woman in their minds and changed a thing or two but she left me here to think about the past, I had done this to her once before...

I walked to her house and knocked on the door. Garroth opened it a few moments later. He looked okay, tired but okay.

"Are you alright, Lady Aphmau?" He asks.

"I'm fine." I reply

"Oh, you can come in if you want..."

He allowed me to sit down and we started the conversation about Scarlet, his wife. She was only twenty when she died.

"It has been hard but we're coping just fine. That's a point, Aph would it be to much if I asked if you could look after the kids while I'm working?" Garroth asked.

I smiled brightly and looked at him.

"I could do that for you Garroth." I reply.

He smiles back and I then leave. Everything seems so normal, what am I missing. It's been a year since Scarlet died and yet it was just today that Kristina left this world.

I slowly walk home. It doesn't feel like pain. Only numb happiness? That doesn't make sense.

I walk up the stairs to the house on the hill. There was a lot on my mind but I continued and walked. Each step agony on the knees, better than trying to climb up the hill itself.

I get to the front door and sigh. This is to different. I don't like it, the Village is just too quiet.

I get into the house and close the door.

"Zoey!?" I call out.

"Yeah?" She replied walking down the stairs.

I hugged her tightly. She hugged me back with equal tightness. When we part she looks at me and thinks to herself before speaking.

"Aphmau, I think you could do with a break."

I looked up at her. I was not expecting that answer. She smiled kindly at me. I smiled weakly back.

"Do you care to share?" She asks.

I didn't really want to share what was on my mind. My children came first but at this point I can't put them first because I feel weird, really weird...

"Has this got anything to do with Lady Kristina or as everyone knows as Scarlet?" She asks.

"I thought she changed everyone's memory of her?" I reply.

"Her magiks were not strong enough to change mine and then open the portal. She talked to me about it before she left. She said that there were a lot of things that you would be able to talk about. When your ready. I don't want to pry." She said.

I sigh and look at her. Tears slowly reveal themselves and the pain that had felt like it left suddenly flooded the banks. Zoey hugged me carefully.

I must have fallen asleep in her arms because the world went dark. Only faded thoughts were left behind.

Zoey's POV.

I had felt a light dark aura enter the house and walked down stairs to investigate. Kristina was stood at the window.

"Are you okay?" I asked her.

She shook her head silently. I wonder if there's something on her mind. I could tell that something was bothering her. I walked over to the window and stood beside her. She looked at me.

"I'm leaving. I can't stay. Aphmau can explain everything when she is ready but please... Don't try and free me. I'm telling you this because I don't have enough magiks to open the portal and alter your memory of me." She said.

"I understand... But portal? I thought the Irean dimension was destroyed?" I replied.

"I'm erasing my memories to love again. My own dimension will be the best comfort I have. The Irean dimension was destroyed by Aaron and Zane..." She whispered.

I look at her and offer a small sad smile. She returns the smile and looks at me. Tears threaten to fall down her cheeks. I wipe her eyes and hug her. She hugs me back tightly.

She left shortly after the hug. It was not new to me. After an hour Aphmau came into the house and calmed me...

When she passed out in my arms I took her to her room and lead her on the bed that lay there. I made my way to my room in the basement.