38. harder to love.

Lucinda's POV

I let them into the house and quickly used my magiks to clean up quickly before they noticed the mess from my melt down.

I make it over to the table that say by the middle of the room and sat down. I was closely followed my mother. Kristina came over after she layed the unconscious woman onto the couch.

"What happened?" I ask motioning towards the woman Kristina brought in.

"Her mind... It's tainted. But then I can't explain how or what had exactly happened because I don't know. There's a lot of things I can't explain right now." Kristina said with a frown.

I felt as if there was something wrong with her. Something she wasn't sharing. I know Krista. She's kind hearted, happy, loving. She's the reason people get out of bed in the morning on low days. So why is she so depressed?

"Lucinda please... Stop... I can't talk about it right now." She said weakly. I could sense a slight hint of defeat.

I couldn't stop myself from thinking about the pained face Kristina had. The sadness just isn't normal. But I focus on something else something that had confused me.

"So what help do you need?" I ask her.

"Ava's" she said motioning to the woman " mind is tainted. I need your help to fix the taint before it spreads and kills more than just her."

There's something more she wants to say but it seems I won't be able to get it out of her.

"I see." I reply.

I stand up and walk to the girl or Ava. Her mind was full of darkness. It continued to spread destroying the girl. But I stopped. I held my staff and pointed it at her head. A light shot out and began attacking the dark.

"Kristina I don't know how long it will hold." I tell her.

"Hopefully long enough." She said.

"Is there anything else you need?" I ask.

"Would it be okay if I leave her here? I must fix the rest of the corruption..." She said kind of out of the blue.

I nodded and watched her leave. I sat with my mother and we talked about things. It seemed that she noticed that Kristina was acting off to.

Kristina's POV

I couldn't contain the sadness. It burned. I need to be happy. But now I couldn't love. I have been on this earth for many years, maybe it's time to leave. But my children Garroth. I can't hurt them like that. But what can I do, suffer? I can't love my own children it hurts to much. I would miss them terribly but I think it's time to forget. To leave the world... After I fix the corruption.

I get to the clearing and bend down. The earth felt hurt and in pain. I healed it, the corruption dissipating as I fell into the ground. My powers growing weak. I must rest them.

My eyes slowly close.

Garroth's POV

I walk through the clearing and see Kristina she was looking at the ground as her powers healed it. She then hit the floor she looked exhausted as her eyes softly closed. I ran up to her and carefully picked her up carrying her home.

I lay her on our bed and then leave the room. Our children were running around and playing only when they saw me the stopped. Courtney looked up at me as she stopped watching the twins.

"Is mommy okay?" The twins asked at the same time.

"She's fine just tired." I replied.

They smiled and ran over to me. Each choosing a leg to hug. I chuckled and walking around with them on my feet. I had Courtney in my arms. We were all laughing happily.

It had been an hour and I had put the kids to bed when there was a strange knock at the door. I sighed my work is never done.

I stand up and walk to the door. Opening it I see Lucinda. I open the door fully and motion for her to come in.

"Is Kristina here?" She asks.

"Yeah but she's asleep. Is everything okay?" I ask.

She looks down and shakes her head.

"Her friend Ava has gotten worse. She woke up but I had to knock her out because she went on a rampage..." She said.

"Oh... I'm sorry I can't wake Krista up, she used her powers and passed out in the forest... I'm just a little worried about her right now." I reply.

"Honey... It's okay..." Kris said. "I'm fine."

I looked at her and sighed. I can't stop her from leaving and sorting this out but... What if I loose her again.

"Garroth. Please don't worry about me." She said.

"Okay but if you pass out again you will be stuck here for a week! With no powers!" I say to her.

She smiles weakly and walks over kissing me as she leaves.

"I love you." She said over her shoulder.

"I love you too." I reply.

The door closes and I sigh that girl!

Lucinda's POV

We walk back to my house silently.

"What happened anyway?" Krista asks.

"Your friend woke up but went crazy. Her eyes kept flashing that dark blue to red. Kris what's wrong with her?" I ask.

"The magiks used are slowly killing her. Don't worry I have the remedy... If I pass out please take me home." She said.

"Okay." I agree.

We continue to walk and finally get to my house. I open the door and Kristina runs over to Ava. She placed a hand on top of Ava's head then closed her eye. She looked to be concentrating deeply when Aphmau burst through the door.

Kristina's eyes snapped open, they were pure white with light grey pupils. They flash to a red then white and finally after some time of the flashing, her eyes turn their normal colour and she faints.

"Kristina!" I shout.