Soulmates

Most people have soulmates.
But learning who your soulmate is isn't as easy as finding a mark on your body.
No, the souls destined to be together will have a special song.
This song is called the soulmate song.

People that have soulmates share a love song that only they know the lyrics to.
This is what makes soulmates so special.
The soulmates will share a connection through song.

Not having a soulmate is rare. But there are few that don't. Often these people don't have romantic feeling for anyone.
The only way too tell if you don't have a soulmate is the fact that people that don't, don't have any songs.

When your soulmate has died you will loose memory of the lyrics to your love song. In place, the lyrics to the love song will be replaced with lyrics to a sad song. Most of the time these sad songs describe the relationship you and your soulmate had.

Science has no explanation to why these songs occur.
The best explanation is that of Professor Lorain.

"These songs are nothing we have an explanation for. I have come to the conclusion that this is not science. The best explanation I can give is that these songs are nothing that this world can control. People are free to call it what they want; magic, destiny, alternate universes; but there is no scientific way to explain it."

(So this is a new story I'm working on. Basically this is a Sanders Sides soulmate au. Don't even bother with the forth wall (Also the picture at the top has nothing to do with this. I'm just Hazbin Hotel trash)
Bye for now guys, gals, and non-binary pals!)