Chapter 3

~ Y/n's POV ~

"Hey, Meliodas, are you sure about this? We've been out here for three hours now. There's no sign of any animals, much less any humans either." Hawk says as we walk slowly through the forest, careful not to fall over anything.

This dense fog is hindering our progress, but I still have to keep looking for my friends... but this place gives me the shivers. I continued walking down the pathway that led deeper into the forest not realizing the watching eyes within the dense fog.

"You're right Hawk." Elizabeth agrees with the pig and then turns back to look at Meli and me. "Sir Meliodas and Lady Y/n do you really think we'll be able to find one of the Eight Deadly Sins here?" She asks. My stomach tightens and I snort a little bit because Meliodas doesn't know where we're going. He replied to Elizabeth with a vague response " probably ".

"You mean we came here without any solid evidence!" Hawk yells, then continues to talk. "I heard there's a terrifying monster who lurks around here watching and waiting..." Hawk says mysteriously. It creeped the hell out of me and made me move closer to Meliodas and when I did I felt Meliodas grope me from behind. All I did was swat his hand away with a squawk.

"Meli!" I yell, putting my hands over my face so he wouldn't see my red cheeks. My blush deflated as I asked, "Why are you doing that here?". Meliodas stared at me mischievously and then rubbed the back of his neck with a smile to hide the odd look on his face.

"Lady Y/N? What was Sir Meliodas doing?" Elizabeth asked worriedly, staring at Meliodas skeptically. "Oh, Sweetie, don't worry about it, he's just doing what he always does." I pull Meliodas along.

Meliodas puts his hand around my waist and pulls me closer to him, brushing himself off in the process. "Well, putting that aside for just a minute. I might have a little evidence. Traveling through the Forest of White Dreams on horseback is more difficult than you think. It's so hard to get your bearings, that even experienced travelers go around it." He finishes speaking.

Elizabeth seemed happy about what he said. "This would be the perfect place for someone to hide out!" She said excitedly while bringing her hands up to her chest and I giggled at her she really was a sweetheart.

I and Meliodas had to pass through this forest many times even though it was difficult. It never stopped us and was quite mysterious at times. "Now come on slowpokes, pick up the pace, would you?" Hawk yells, most likely reaching the end of his patience.

"Hey, hold your bacon! Not a lot of fun traveling with a nervous piggy!" Meliodas yells back, keeping up his nonchalant attitude until he stops, which made me stop because his hand was gripping my waist and soon it got a bit tighter. Now looking up at the scene ahead of us I gasped at the site. "What do you mean, calling me a nervous piggy, huh!?" A chorus of Hawks yells down to us from their perch above us.

The pigs all squeak, and they turn to look at each other. The one in the middle (the real Hawk) voices the other's panic. "It's a herd! They're all me" He says, the other (imposter) pigs agree with him. "This is the monster of the forest?" Elizabeth asks, a bit surprised at the oddness of twenty Hawks, as the said pigs squirm and question their current situation.

"I, for one, find this terrifying." Meliodas says, While I was grinning widely with stars in my eyes I said, "Yes!!! more hawks", and when I tried to sprint towards them, Meliodas pulled me back to his chest so I wouldn't move. I pouted at his actions.

In particular, once the pigs started running towards me and Meliodas, I moved forward excitedly because I was happy they were running towards me. However, they kept insisting that each of them was the real Hawk.