Chapter 12.5 ( Memory )

~Meliodas POV ~

With worry in my eyes, I gazed up at the tree. 'What did Y/N mean by not staying together for much longer?' I wondered. I know she's in danger, but what's causing all of this?.

In the middle of debating what to do, I felt something grab my arm and pull my sleeve.
It was none other than Little King staring at me with baby Elaine in his arms, asking me "Where are you going big brother? Are you going to help our sister?".

A smile spread across my face and I replied back, "yes I am, there's something wrong up there and I need to make sure she's OK. I promise I will bring her back". After he smiled at me, I called over one of the fairies nearby to take the two siblings away.

As I run towards the sacred tree, I was stop by Y/n dearest friend Aaliyah. She looked at me in fear and said, "Meliodas, I'm not supposed to do this, but you have to remember!".

With a questioning look on my face, I asked her, "What are you talking about?".

She dropped some kind of crystal orb, which exploded immediately. Suddenly, as the orbit shattered, a thousand memories flooded into my head.

While I was overjoyed that I knew Y/N from the beginning, I was also left feeling betrayed by her for lying to me. She has been lying all along...Lying.....Lying...Lying...

There was a part of me that wanted to scream. My lover took away the most precious memories of our time together...and for what?! All because she's afraid of the consequences?! I was feeling overwhelmed, but at this point, I had to get to Y/N.

Suddenly, a tear filled my eye as I turned to Aaliyah and growled, "Where...?".

As she stared at me even more frightened than before, she asked quietly, "I'm sorry, what?"

As she stared at me even more frightened than before, she asked quietly, "I'm sorry, what?". When I looked up at her, I yelled " I SAID WHERE IS SHE?! ".

Aaliyah was now shivering in her boot, pointing to the tree and stuttering, "she's at t-the center of t-the tree, where t-the f-fountain is!".

As I glared at her, I was furious. Although I trusted Aaliyah, she was helping Y/n hide these things. There will be no more memory wiping once I put a stop to all this.

I started running toward the tree after she finished talking. As I approached the sacred tree, I felt a familiar demonic aura...... Immediately, I knew who was after her...

"FRAUDRIN!!"