Chapter 4.5 (Flashback)

~ Meliodas POV ~

A couple of months have passed since Y/N joined us. I really enjoy her company and Liz does too. They became best friends but when Y/n was asked about becoming a holy knight, she declined, saying she didn't want to fight or engage in violence, but she would gladly help the injured knights and townspeople.

Both Liz and I were fine with that. We understood what she was telling us after all, she had lived all her life in a forest without violence so why would she want to join it now, and honestly, I am rather relieved she didn't want to be a holy knight because seeing her get injured by the enemies makes my blood boil but why?

My questioning face must have caught Liz's attention and she asked, "what's up with you Meliodas? You normally don't think this much!" I laughed at what she said, but the serious look on her face told me she meant it.

"Since the day she saved me, I have had such strong feelings towards Y/N. If she were to leave my side, I would be devastated. And when she said she didn't want to be a holy knight that was wonderful for me but I also wondered why Liz?" finishing my small rant to my best friend. 

Liz smiled a soft and proud smile at me. I wasn't sure why she was but her answer told me all: "Meliodas, it is because of your love for her." I pondered this for a second was I really in love with Y/N? Liz shook her head and asked again" here's something to think about, start naming off things that you love about her and what makes her special to you, and then you'll notice it" and with that, she got up and walked out of the house with a smile.

All right Liz, if you want me to name things I love about Y/N and what makes her special I can do that,

She has a kind and beautiful smile.

She always finds goodness in everyone and everything.

She has beautiful E/C eyes that can put anyone into a trance,

Her body looks like it was sculpted by an artist,

Her beautiful H/C hair makes me want to run my fingers through it,

She always makes me feel like I'm loved and wanted in this world,

I want to protect her with my life and never let her go,

She's everything that I ever wanted......

OH MY DEAR GOD, I AM IN LOVE WITH Y/N!.

What am I gonna do now that I realize I love her? I can't all of a sudden start ignoring her or acting differently around her but maybe I can gradually start pulling our relationship closer.

I don't wanna lose her to anyone else now that I know I love her, I can't lose her!, I won't lose her!, that's what I will promise to myself.

~ Y/n's POV ~

I had just gotten back from the market after buying some groceries and a new outfit. When the house came into view I saw Liz walking out of it. I started lightly jogging up to her while waving my hand she noticed me and waved back.

She had a giant cheshire cat smile on her face and it made me look at her skeptically but she just smiled even more and spoke" Oh Y/n your outfit is so beautiful and I'm pretty sure Meliodas would like it to" she gave me a wink at the end of that.

I started blushing profusely and stuttered out" w-what are y-you t-taking about" I couldn't even talk properly, she only chuckled and started walking away. I turned around and yelled at her" where are you going!" She turned back around and yelled back" to the training grounds so Meliodas is all yours" I started blushing again. 'what has gotten into Liz' I thought.

After shaking off the weird feeling Liz was giving off I started walking back towards the house. I hesitantly grabbed the doorknob twisting it, and when I looked inside I had seen Meliodas sitting there on a chair lost in his thoughts.

A smile grew on my face and a plan was forming in my head. I decided that I was going to scare Meliodas. Placing down my groceries and quietly creeping up behind him I grabbed both his shoulders and yelled " MELIODAS!!" He jumped right out of the chair and grabbed his sword from a sheath and pointed at me. I stepped back a little frightened but then he realized who I was and quickly put it away.

" Y/N!?, what were you thinking I could've hurt you or worse killed you" I only shook my head and replied back" I know you would never kill me or hurt me for that matter you care too much about me and I care too much about you" I finished with a small smile and when I did I saw a blush creeping up on his face it made me giggle he only turned away trying to hide it.

He sighs out" please don't do that ever again OK" I only nodded my head and then went up to him and gave him a hug as an apology and he gladly accepted it but I should've known that he was going to grope me but I didn't really care at all and just let it happen.

After a few minutes of him groping me he finally let go with a big smile on his face and he grabbed my hand leading me to the couch in the house and we both sat down and relaxed. 'it was just like the old times' I thought back at the memory.

Everything was so peaceful and I loved it but I knew it wasn't always going to be this way......

But the old memories filled my head, even after all this time I can still remember so easily........