Chapter 5

- Recap of the Last Chapter-

I was laying face first in the dirt ground, which was good at hiding my smile, but probably bad for my wound. In the background, I could hear Y/N sighing in the background from the fight she just witnessed knowing full well that I wasn't trying to hurt Gilthunder.

'Man, who knew that Little Gil would grow to be such a powerful Holy Knight...' Gilthunder flips me over with his foot, oddly careful for someone who thinks they're about to execute a traitor. "Meliodas. The Eight Deadly Sins' Dragon Sin of Wrath. Do you have any last words?" He asks me solemnly.

I open my eyes slowly before replying. "The other Sins... What happened to them? You must have heard something, right?" I ask him slowly. "Where have the other ones gone?" Gilthunder places his sword back in his sheath before saying, "Very well. I'll tell you. Of the remaining five, three are still at large and are not yet accounted for. But, the other two have been dealt with. The Fox Sin of Greed is being kept under tight security at Baste Prison. The Grizzly Sin of Sloth has already been slain and is now in the Necropolis."

Gilthunder pauses before continuing. "But you needn't worry. I'll make certain they all join you shortly." "Thank you..." I say slowly, my eyes drifting close before opening back up and I shout, "Awesome!" before springing up energetically.

I turn back to my old friend "Little Gil." His face betrays no emotion. I winced from an invisible impact and heard Y/N hitting her head on the tree and wondering why she had become my teammate, let alone a good friend.

To Be Continued........

- Present Time -

~ Meliodas POV ~

"Baste Prison and the Necropolis, huh? I'll go check out one or the other." I tell Gilthunder while wiping some dirt off my cheek.

"So that was it? You wish to know your comrade's whereabouts, so you allowed me to strike you down. Right?" He asks me. "Why don't we finish this another time, kay?" I respond while smirking.   "I think not!" Gilthunder says while pulling his sword out of its dormant state. He attempts to hit me, but I move too quickly, dodging his blade every time.

Eventually, he catches up to me, his sword at my neck once more. "This is goodbye." He announces and I look up at him. "See you!" I say while waving my hand slightly. Gilthunder is suddenly picked up by Diane, who was about to throw him across the forest but Y/N stopped her last-minute " we will see each other again soon Gilthunder"  she then smiled at him one last time.

Gilthunder was about to say something to her but I told Diane to throw him and when she did I waved at him because he is still my old friend. "Hey, thanks! Nice throw." I say to Diane, turning to face her.

"Oh shit, your brace is ruined," Y/N tells our giant comrade. Diane looks down at it and groans while straightening her back. A snort escapes Y/N at Diane's broken brace. As I gave her quick wink accompanies my smile.

Our ears alerted us to the sound of hooves on dry ground and we turned to see Elizabeth and Hawk running towards us. "HEY! You got a lot of guts, kicking me around like I'm some little pink bouncing ball!" Hawk yells at Gilthunder, not realizing that he's not present. "But it'll be my turn next time!" He continues yelling, infuriated by Gilthunder's actions.

"The three of you weren't hurt, were you?" Elizabeth asks worriedly. I raise my hand to wave at the two of them while informing Elizabeth that none of us were hurt. "Where'd that swine go anyway?" Hawk asks while searching for the pink-haired man. "Wait, aren't you a swine?" I said and I could hear Y/n laughing out loudly in the background.

We smile at each other while Diane adds to our statement. "Who smells delicious!" she says, causing Hawk to cower in fright.   "Sir Meliodas, you were hurt!" Elizabeth suddenly rushes up to me. I glance down at my wound.