Chapter 13.5 ( Memory )

( play song if u want! )

~ Y/n's POV ~

Meliodas roared the name of the monster that was about to kill me. What I didn't know was that I was so distracted by his voice that the said monster had sent an attack right into my heart, creating a huge hole.

My back hit the tree floor and I screamed in pain.

I drew my hand towards where the hole was made and I knew it wouldn't last for long

I have never experienced pain like this before. That godforsaken monster started walking slowly and painfully toward me.

"It seems I finally caught you and it was your lover who helped me end your life... but alas it is done and I will let you suffer instead of making it gruesome as I said".

A deep laugh was let out as he walked into the shadows before he was gone.

My lover's silhouette was rapidly approaching me, his eyes filled with panic. I could tell that he was devastated when he caught a glimpse of my injury.

"I'm sorry... I should have protected you, but instead, I let this happen again!" he said as he kneeled down to my level.

Then I looked at him with a confused expression and he said, " I remember you, Y/n, all the times that you have died and I could not save you, why would you take my memories".

My loving gaze fell upon him before I said, "I do it so that you will never feel guilty for anything..b-because it was not your fault...but don't worry, I will see you again, for now, you should forget".

Initially, he looked at me with confusion on his face, but then he realized what I was going to do.

Unfortunately, it was too late for him to change my mind; I was glowing with a golden hue throughout my body.

Out of pure panic and distress, he started saying, "you can't do this to me again, not after I'm starting to remember!".

I gave him only a painful smile before smacking my hand down hard on the sacred tree and casting an ancient spell, wiping all the memory of my loved ones and all those I protected.

As I watched Meliodas fall backward onto the ground unconscious, I saw his tear-stained face.

I gazed at the night sky before making a last call to someone who I had been granted to remember.

Aaliyah is my closest friend, as well as the most loyal one.

As she was making her way towards me at a fast pace, I had said "as my last request as your queen, I would like to ask you to take Meliodas far away from the kingdom so he may start over".

As she looked at me with tears streaming down her face, she said, "of course, your majesty. I will grant your last wish". After that, she flew off with Meliodas' unconscious body.

As I looked up at the night sky, I saw all the beautiful stars......waiting for my next life to begin, I felt my body slowly dissolve and I let a single tear fall from my eyes......

My arm reached up to the sky as I said, " Meliodas...... Goodbyes are not forever. Goodbyes are not the end. They simply mean: I'll miss you until we meet again......" and then my body disappeared into the light...

" and then my body disappeared into the light