Chapter 3.5 (Flashback)

~ Meliodas POV ~

Since I've been with Y/n resting and healing for the past week, I've found it's really fun to be around her. Her reactions are amazing, especially when I grope her.

In contrast to most women, Y/n doesn't hit me as hard. I find it refreshing that she just gets flustered and waits until it stops since it's the first time I've not been hit after groping someone.

Now that I'm recovered (thanks to Y/N's magic) I can finally return to the kingdom, but I don't want to leave her. If I do, it would be wrong, so I'm going to see if she wants to come with me.

The clothes I had put away are all done, and I'm ready to leave. She gave me a sad smile and nodded waiting for me to leave. "I need to ask her now before it's too late," I thought.

Just before I turned around to leave, I looked at her again and asked, "Shall we go to the kingdom together?". As she looked at me shocked, she asked "why do you want me to come along?". "Let's be honest here. I know you'll be welcomed with open arms there." I smiled at her when I finished speaking.

Seeing her sobbing with tears running down her face made me realize how much that meant to her. I stepped forward and grabbed her by the waist, and held her as she cried. After some more tears she finally croaked out "oh Meliodas, I would love to go along with you. I don't want to be alone any longer, I just want to stay by your side forever."

 I smiled at that because I was beginning to like her a lot. Then I nodded my head and grabbed her hand as we picked up our bags and walked towards the forest line together.

However, before we made it to the forest, she turned around and inspected the house, and started doing a spell.

~Y/n's POV ~

Even though my little hut wasn't much, it still held a lot of memories, so I chanted a cloaking spell over it and grabbed my belongings, and finally left with Meliodas.

After making it to Meliodas he held out his hand to me, and just waiting for me to grab a hold of it and when I did sparks flew through my body 'it really was him' I thought.

While walking, Meliodas said, "I have to ask, have we met before Y/n because I'm sure I've seen you somewhere before, but I just can't remember where" I shrugged and replied, "Maybe you've seen me in the towns, but I have never met you before." I hate lying so much.

Despite the fact that I was unable to hear it clearly, he said, "it doesn't matter when or where I met you, you're here now, so all that matters." As he began to smile again, I knew that he still loved me deep in his heart, even after I wiped his memory clean.

|10 minutes later|

Finally, we arrived in a clearing, and we could see a dirt path ahead. A few knights were coming towards us on their horses, so Meliodas waved at them and he directed them towards us. As I began walking back to the forest, he grabbed my hand firmly to keep me from slipping away.

Eventually, the knights reached us and jumped off their horses as one of them removed their helmet. It was a beautiful young girl with a pinkish red head of hair and some of it was covering one eye. "Where in the bloody hell have you been?, we sent out a search party days ago, yet you turn up out of the woods as if nothing had happened." she lectured him but then stopped when she realized I was beside him.

I was firmly grasping onto Meliodas' hand and he would not let go. The young girl had seen me struggling to get free of his grip and approached him. She smacked him upside the head.

When he let go, he rubbed his head and then realized what just happened. I was about to return back to the forest when he put his arms around my waist and said, "Okay guys, this beautiful young lady here saved my life, so if you do anything to harass her, I will beat the hell out of you!".

The knights all nodded their heads in fear and I just stared at him. He began groping me again and I squawked. Then Liz smacked him on the side of the head again, but he just smiled.

"It seems like he won't let you go anytime soon, but I'd like to introduce myself, I'm Liz, and I'd like to become good friends with you because I can tell you have a good heart," she continued while nodding her head happily.

"You're now part of our family, so you're not going anywhere, I hope you enjoy your stay" I laughed and replied "I am looking forward to being with you and Liz and not being alone.

Oh how wrong we were......