Chapter 7

~Meliodas's POV~

"Well, guess we should head out to Baste," I say to Hawk as they walk towards the prison.

Hawk asks, "Do you plan on leaving Elizabeth behind? She hasn't come out since you carried that quack to his clinic."

I spin my broken sword on my finger while answering. "Hey, don't be stupid, she definitely better off staying put here in the town. Besides, the Holy Knights over there at Baste are after her."

I looked at the sky and said with a sigh "Jeez, you really are stupid and besides I need to catch up to Y/N she's probably already over there." Hawk retaliates quickly.

"You called me stupid twice! People who call people stupid are stupid!" He says, making me laugh silently.

"Well sorry about that Porky," I say with a smile.

"That's twice you've called me Porky, you jerk!" Hawk yells at him.

I pull him up by the cheek, smirking slightly. "You're stretching my pork rinds out." Hawk whimpers softly, and as I was about to leave I was interrupted by Elizabeth's yell.

"Sir Meliodas!" I turn back to see the silver-haired princess running to catch up with me. "What'd you run out here like that for?" I ask Elizabeth as she holds up my sheath.

"I'm sorry! I thought I'd give this back to you. Lady Y/N mended it for you while we were waiting for you to wake up!" She says.

I put my sword back in its holder and smile at the consideration Y/N so kindly gave to me. I then shook my head and looked back up at Elizabeth and said.

"Well, thanks for returning this for me and I thank Y/n when I see her!" I told Elizabeth and she looked at me with a smile.

"On that note, let's get going!" She walks ahead of me, and I look at her with confusion. Elizabeth seems to sense my bewilderment, for she says, "I'm not a knight, nor am I as strong as Lady Y/N but I'm going to keep on fighting too so that I can keep on protecting my kingdom and its people."

She turns back to look at me. "Even if you and Y/n were to die now, that still wouldn't change things at all." "Don't go killing us off yet, okay?" I tell Elizabeth, causing her to apologize shyly.

"Elizabeth, how would you handle it if I was the one who died?" Hawk asks the princess. "Well, honestly, I'd try to move on!" She replies to Hawk's query.

Y/N had to go a long way to find Diane, and I find myself looking around for her as Hawk complains, and Elizabeth apologizes.

Upon realization that she hadn't really left any trail, I thought to myself, "smart girl, not leaving any traces so that the holy knight will not be able to follow her".

I lazily walked down the bridge as I said "You can rest easy Hawk. If you end up dying, we'll make sure that your meat doesn't go to waste. Isn't that right Elizabeth?" Elizabeth agrees with me quickly.

Hawk gets in his protest, but I don't pay much attention. Right now, I am only thinking about what could be going on with Y/N and how much danger she might be in; however, I trust that she can handle it.

"Let's get going," I say as I walk past Elizabeth. "R-Right! Let's save Sir Ban!" She replies.

"Not him," I say. I hear Elizabeth's noise of confusion, and I explain myself. "I think her name was Sennett? We've got to make sure that we save the doctor's daughter first."

I can hear the joy radiating through Elizabeth as she runs to catch up to me and asks, "What about Sir Ban?" I smile at the thought of my friend.

"As soon as he hears that we're all heading his way, he'll probably bust himself out and Lord knows when he hears Y/N is on her way he'll make a break for her," I tell my comrades.