Chapter 16

|Recap|

Meliodas look around at all the competitors saying " now let's get ready to take Diane's secret treasure back!" I wish you were here to watch Y/n........

| let's continue |

~ Y/n POV ~

THE FOREST OUTSIDE OF VAIZEL

When Diane looked around the forest, she said, "gather up anything that looks edible, ok? we'll sort through them later.".

Elizabeth gives it a quiet "all right".

Just nodding my head, I followed Elizabeth through the forest looking for food to prepare supper.

Aaliyah had decided to go ahead and scout out the area ahead of the rest of us because she was a better scavenger than we were.

Despite the beauty of the wilderness, I was still unable to forget the events of the fight.

I knew none of them meant for me to be forgotten, but maybe Aaliyah went a little too harsh on them.

It was hard for me to see Meliodas' pain, as well as the betrayal, showed on his face when I chose Aaliyah's side and walked into the tavern with him, maybe I should have talked with him?

"Oh how lovely!, Lady Y/n! Look at all these mushrooms!" Elizabeth cut through my thoughts before I could finish.

However, before we could pick up any of them, a looming shadow appeared above us.

"AHHHHHHHHHHH!".

Across the forest, Diane and Aaliyah were searching for ingredients. Soon, however, they both heard me and Elizabeth scream, and they ran/flew toward us at a fast pace.

Diane raised her fist in the air, ready to fight, but instead, there was just a strange-looking mushroom. Seeing the creature that cast the shadow, Elizabeth and I were both sprawled out on the grass looking up at it.

Aaliyah screamed "Your grace! Are you okay?"

Diane asked, "What's the matter?!". They both stopped mid-sentence when they saw the giant purple and red mushroom in front of them.

Aaliyah and I knew exactly what mushroom this is because it lived in the fairy forest, it was a : CHIKIN MATANGO OR if I want to be more specific a :  ERINGI MUSHROOM.

Diane looked at the ERINGI MUSHROOM with a smile saying, "Ingredient found and captured! ", as it made a bunch of noises to try and scare us away.

When I and Aaliyah realized what will happen if Diane hits the mushroom, she became frantic.

I yelled out to Diana, "WAIT DON'T HIT--", but before I could complete my sentence Diana struck the mushroom head on the top, crushing it.

To protect themselves from us, the ERINGI released their pink gas. Elizabeth, Diane, Aaliyah and I let out a scream when the gas engulfed us.

|The Ring|
~ 3rd POV ~

All the men were standing around displaying their muscles and talking about the upcoming fight.