Chapter 4

~ Meliodas POV ~

"So, to finally put an end to the holy knight's plan, Elizabeth's trying to bring the Eight Deadly Sins together, does that make more sense Diane?" In the meantime, I am still lying on the ground, still sore from the repeated strikes from Diane. After about 10 minutes of that Y/N finally decided that was the perfect moment to start explaining everything to her giant best friend.

"I didn't know about that... Guess I'm always the one who jumps to conclusions, aren't I?" Diane says sadly, before bringing a hand up to her head, hitting herself softly. "Forgive me." She looks at Hawk, bringing her head down. "And I'm sorry I tried to eat you piggy." Hawk doesn't exactly accept her apology. "You think that makes it all right? You stuffed my belly full of bread and burned my backside!" He yells defiantly. Diane's gaze hardens as she scoffs, making Hawk quick to apologize.

In the end, Y/n decided this was the right time to express her opinion: "to be honest with you, I'm glad you beat him up a little as he deserves it after what he did!". Diane turned to me again and yelled, " yeah captain! what the hell is your problem taking a girl's panties like that!" All I could do was shrug my shoulders.

But then Diane looked mad at Elizabeth. "You positive you aren't having that kind of a relationship with the captain?" She asks the princess. "I'm not..." Elizabeth stammers. "You know, you and I don't have a relationship like that either...I'm kind of waiting to have that with Y/n though" I say as I stand up while mumbling the last part. Y/n just gave me a question in look but I shook my head telling her to ignore it.

I ignore Diane's look of shock and instead brush myself off. "Anyway, we're just gonna do what we can to help Elizabeth gather the Eight Deadly Sins. Cause I want to find them too." I continue. Diane titled her head for a second before realizing I was talking about Y/N and myself but of course, Y/N has other reasons why she wants to find the others she misses being a family with most of them.

"Well, if you're sure that's the case, then I'll come along with you guys," Diane says while standing. "You'll have the help of the Serpent Sin of Envy, the giant Diane!" She concludes, making Elizabeth smile. "Really? That's great!" I tell my friend. "Thank you for joining us, Lady Diane!" Elizabeth adds, happy that she now has three of eight Deadly Sins.

"But get this straight. The only reason I'm doing this is because the captain and Y/N are with you." Elizabeth trembles, but nods hesitantly. "Oh thank goodness!" The imps speak up, forcing us all to turn and look at them.

"Finally we can live in peace again!" The same imp continues. "For years she's been threatening us, saying that she'd make us all pay if we didn't give her shelter!" Another imp speaks up, and soon a chorus of raspy laughter erupts from the group of imps.

There was only a burst of soft laughter from Y/n as she reflected on how ironic it was to hear those imps celebrate Diane's departure. After watching her for a while and noticing how much joy she derived from the situation, I smiled.

Our short happiness is cut off when we all hear a crow in the distance. "What was that?" Elizabeth asks nervously. "This is strange. I thought there weren't any animals left who lived down in this part of the forest." Diane says, Y/N nodding in agreement immediately getting into a defensive stance. "It smells like it's going to rain," Hawk says.

"But wait, look at that!" He continues while pointing his snout up at a storm brewing above us. Then suddenly a flash of lightning strikes, binding our bodies in rings of blue electricity and preventing us from moving.

Her grunt could be heard when she tried to get out of the restrictions as she struggled against them. I turned around and gave her a reassuring smile, telling her that it would be fine. She nodded her head and stopped struggling.