part 3: securing your place

later that day, you were sat on the couch once again, amethyst pumping her fists into the air excitedly. "Aaalriight! New corrupt team member!" exclaimed amethyst excitedly. you crinkle your nose at the use of 'corrupt', not knowing if you should be offended or not. Um.. yay...? "SO! since you're gonna be staying here, you're gonna need to know how to not be bubbled!" she exclaims, punching her fist into her palm. "first things first!" she lowered her voice to a whisper, leaning close to you. "don't upset P over there." he pointed a thumb to the latter, who was cleaning up the mess left behind from your panicked attempts of evading her. you both make eye contact for a moment, her glaring for a moment before returning to her task at hand with a soft "hmph". you shudder slightly, feeling chilly from her gaze. duly noted. "second! since you're one of us now, you gotta look the part!" that was when Steven ran down the stairs, holding up a pack of some type. "I'm on it!" he opens the pack, flipping through the pages before going "ah-ha!" he then peels a good sized star shape from the pamphlet. "now hold still..." he comes close to you and presses the star onto the center of your face. "perfect!" he exclaimed, as you push a finger to the small sticker. hm. simple enough. "lastly! we need to call you something!" amethyst exclaimed with a clap. "sooo... what to call her." Steven quips, rubbing his chin in thought. amethyst hummed and brought a hand behind her head, looking down in thought.

"how about 'ditz'?" garnet suggested her tone dry yet tinged in humor, as she gathered the TV screen shards from the ground, as a result of you trying to scale over it. pearl stifled a snicker as she brought the scratched table back onto its legs, as steven giggled sheepishly and amethyst just flat out laughed. you blushed a bright (color) and snorted in offense, puffing your cheeks out in embarrassment. my name! is!! "(NamE)!" you bellowed indignantly, startling everyone. pearl jumped back with a yelp, garnet snapped upright, watching you for any funny movements, Amethyst was knocked off her feet from the force of your voice and steven cringed at the volume of it. but after a moment, his eyes flashed. "wait! I think I heard her say... (name)..." he said out loud, rubbing his chin. you hear pearl scoff softly at this. "steven, please. I don't think-" his voice abruptly spoke over hers. "is (name) what you were trying to say?" you snorted and nodded quickly, chuffing slightly. Steven giggles and hugs your chest. "well, (name)! You're officially a crystal gem!" he cheers. You don't know why, but a sudden elation and pride fills your chest at these simple words. YEEEES!! "GRAAAAAAAAOOOWR!!" you bellowed proudly, knocking Steven and amethyst over again with the force of your voice. pearl groaned, rubbing her temples in irritation. "at least control the volume of that thing!"
~~~~~~~~~~~

later that day, steven decided that if you were gonna stay, you'd may as well explore your new enclosure. so he let you walk around for a bit, while he watched. You were content with just sniffing the ground for now. it's small, cozy and has the faintest fragrant scent of what smelled to be strawberries or roses. you grunt in satisfaction. this is much nicer than the forest. you suddenly hear a loud crinkling noise, you snap your head around, wide-eyed and bewildered. there, you see him digging into a bag of some kind, chewing on something. the boy catches your stare and gives you a friendly yet curious look. "what?" he pulls out a decently sized, round chip. "this?" he raised it slightly. you nodded slightly, eyes focused on it unsurely. he giggled and popped it into his mouth. "these are chips! they're tasty, seeeee?" he reaches in and pulls out a bigger one. "here! try it!" you stared intensely for a moment, before trotting over to the boy, and sniff at the morsel curiously before giving it a lick, taking it into your mouth.

your taste buds were overwhelmed by the perfectly salty flavor and delightful crisp of the small snack, and you growl in satisfaction, licking the remnants from his hand. "yeah! their good, huh? here, have another!" steven digs in and gives you another good sized chip, in which you ate eagerly, almost catching his fingers into your maw. "Easy there." he giggled as you chewed noisily, purring in content. he patted you on the head, and you rested your head in his lap contently. You took this time to really take in his little human child face. Just so full of innocence, a bit of hope and a near infectious cheerfulness. He also held a rather pleasant aura that made you feel strangely safe. You snort, shutting your eyes, allowing him to pet your mane softly. "I can already tell, you and I are gonna be best buds."

You don't fully understand why, but you suddenly feel an incredibly powerful urge to protect this child at all costs...