part 85: attempted runaways

After much running, steven finally manages to catch Connie at a nearby bus stop. "Connie?"

"Steven, I'm so sorry." Connie blurts. "It's not that I'm ashamed of you. I was just so worried my parents would think all this magic stuff is weird." She starts tearing up. "What if they don't let me hang out with you anymore?"

"I-I'm sorry I messed everything up." Steven replies guiltily. "I wish there was a way we could just... hang out without having to worry about stuff."

"Steven, let's just hop on a bus and live somewhere without telling anyone!" Connie suggests.

"That's a great idea!" Steven agrees, without a second thought.

Just then, a bus comes up to the stop, and the two climb aboard it, sitting at the very back.

"Where's this bus taking us?" Asks Steven.

"Wherever we end up." Replies Connie. "We'll find a way to survive. I've been reading about sustainable living."

"Maybe it'll take us to a real apple farm!" Steven jokes.

"What's up with you and apples today?" Asks Connie in amusement.

However after only about a few minutes of driving, the bus suddenly jerks to a halt, nearly throwing the two kids out of their seats. Then it suddenly felt as if the bus was being lifted, it tilting towards the back. Something had lifted it up. Startled and puzzled, they both peered out the back window.

What stared back at them were tired, exasperated glowing (color) eyes, as well as a smaller magenta pair behind a thick brush of (color) mane, staring with concern.

"STEVEN!!!"

"STEVEN!!!"

Both kids cried out instinctively in alarm as you shook the bus in frustrated anger.

"WHERE DO STEVEN AND CONNIE THINK THEY'RE GOING!?" You roared, your breath and a faint spray of spittle and heated breath hitting the glass

"WHERE DO STEVEN AND CONNIE THINK THEY'RE GOING!?" You roared, your breath and a faint spray of spittle and heated breath hitting the glass. "COME OUT OF THERE THIS INSTANT!!"

 "COME OUT OF THERE THIS INSTANT!!"