part 26: water fight

you knocked your water self onto its back and clamped your jaws over its neck, while you dimly heard the others battle against their water doppelgangers in an all out water brawl.

the crystal gems fight with every ounce of effort in their very being to take these water fiends down... but thanks to their malleable water shapes, they just about outmatch their gem counterparts. bending out of shape, regenerating parts in a flash, and even multiplying if split in half, it was absolute chaos. you threw everything you could at yourself, including your energy orbs, but no matter what, it would just regenerate and retaliate. spinel wasn't having better luck; her water clone was just as limber and stretchy as she was, absorbing blow after blow from enlarged fists, which frustrated the pink gem to no end.

jeez, of all the ways this could have gone...

you thought as you pinned your water clone against the ground with your mid-paws and rapidly punching its face with your forepaws.

I didn't think I'd have to fight MYSELF.

"GAAAAH!!" you snap your head up and swing your head over towards spinel, eyes widening as you saw her water clone had its arms coiled her, binding her in a semi-tight grip as she struggled furiously. "LET ME GO... er... ME!" she exclaimed, trying to kick herself free. you gasped in a sense of fear as spinel began to strain as her clone started tightening her grip. spinel--! "RAARGH!!" your water clone suddenly shot up and grabbed your neck in its jaws, and slammed you into the ground, pinning your forearms to the ground and trying to pin your midarms as well while your back legs tried to kick it off. your water self glared at you with menacing blue eyes for a moment, snarling in its throat, prompting you to snarl back at it. "(name) don't want to fight, lazuli." you growled softly. your clone looked down at you remorsefully for a split second before lurching forward and clamping its jaws around your neck, eliciting a roar of pain from you. you struggled furiously beneath it, trying to throw it off, claw it off or at the very least kick it off, but with each blow it took, the grip became tighter and tighter, and you started to find yourself becoming weaker and weaker...

it was to the point that not only were you fighting to gain control...

but also fighting to keep your form destabilizing beneath the crushing grip of your own jaws...

"I said, I DON'T WANNA FIGHT!!"

your eyes suddenly snapped open as a normally young, cheery voice bellowed angrily, followed by the sound of something massive striking against what sounded like metal. steven--!? "GUH!" you were suddenly doused in cold water as the clone atop you dispelled in the resulting sound wave, lifting the weight off of your body and grip off your neck. you lay on your back for a moment, panting heavily, thankful for being spared a destabilization... from yourself. during your daze, you heard the hurried, squeaky footsteps approach, pausing at your side. "(name)?" spinel sounded almost tired. you grunted for a moment, before rolling onto your belly and looking up at your pink companion. she was soaked from her counterpart's 'destabilization', her pigtails drooping and dripping in seawater and her ribbon slightly torn and out of place. you lean forward and lick her cheek, making her giggle softly, before rising to your paws and hooves, shaking the heavy water out of your mane. you give spinel a lick on the head, between her pigtails before turning to face steven. he dispels his shield, his hair dripping wet from his counterpart's water bubble trap. he looks up at you, his eyes tired but still held a determined glint. once your eyes meet, you walk over to him, talk swept around spinel so she'd follow.

once close enough, steven stares up at you for a moment, before lifting his hands to part your bangs to see your apologetic eyes, shining in remorse. wordlessly, he rests his forehead against yours, and spinel pressed her cheek against yours, stretching her arms to wrap around both your backs, as you all shut your eyes taking a took a well-needed breather.