part 70: mud brawl

A hostile snarl erupted from your maw, and you tensed back up, bristling your pelt out, making you appear 3× your size. "You will not harm a hair on them!" The advancing gem beast stopped, fixing you with a pitiful glare. "It will be quick. And once they're gone, You'll feel much better!" She starts approaching again, looking almost determined. "Jusr move and I'll be quick about this-!"

"I SAID NO!" You roared, your voice echoing off the walls, and shaking the area subtly, making her pause and stare at you with a furrowed brow. "I am friends with these humans by my own terms!" You proclaimed, lifting your head proudly. "They care about me and I care about them! And they can care about you to, if you give them a chance!" You growled, feeling sad but frustrated with the corrupt gem's denial. "If you come quietly, we can figure this situation out together! This could be so easy!" The transparent gem lifted a mud covered brow slightly before grunting, hardening her glower in annoyance. "Those things really have their hooks in you, don't they?" She growled with indignance. "Look, we can either do this the easy way, or the hard way, easy way, you just snap out of it move or the hard way, I could destabilize you and take care of these things myself." She snarled flatly, regarding Lars, who trembled and curled up tighter, with disgust. She started coming again, lifting her hand suddenly. "Just make the smart decision and just-"

"Whoa!" You dimly heard everyone, even the 3 younger figures yelp in shock, scurrying back slightly as you slugged the mud beast in the face, sending her staggering back a few steps with a cry of surprise and pain

"Whoa!" You dimly heard everyone, even the 3 younger figures yelp in shock, scurrying back slightly as you slugged the mud beast in the face, sending her staggering back a few steps with a cry of surprise and pain. She groans, putting a hand over the place your fist connected, looking at you in incredulous anger. You snarled in a challenging manner, bowing your head and crouching, ready to charge. The gem narrowed her eyes, slamming her hand into the ground angrily. "You sure you want to do this, fluffy? Destabilizing for those squishy pests?"

You snorted out another thick cloud of steam, feeling a rush of heated anger fill your body.

How dare she keep speaking this way about my friends... she doesn't even know about them!

How dare she assume their worth... let alone threaten them...

...to try and bring harm to young organics...

The heat started to rise, and you felt yourself start to growl lowly in your throat.

...To harm children...

The heat was was burning, giving you a painful surge of adrenaline, namely a prominent burn in your muzzle and head. You weren't even aware of the brief glow that temporarily encased your head.

"For the last time... they... are not. Pests. You are not to touch them." Your voice was laced in venom, as your eyes begin to glow, nearly as bright as the lightning flashes above you two. "And since you refuse to leave this island in full form..."