part 17: something different

"Whatcha doin', (nickname)?"

Spinel watched in wonderment from the loft as you gathered up materials from what was called a 'bathroom', carefully as to not break anything with your large hands. after gathering what you wanted, you backed up from the small bathroom and looked up at spinel. "Spinel crystal gem now." You replied matter-of-factly. "Spinel needs to look part." She blinked innocently at you, presumably not understanding what you mean. Ignoring this fact, you climbed up to join her on Steven's loft and after circling a few times, you sat down onto your rear. You pointed to your lap. "Sit here." You instructed, in which she complied, tottering over to you and mounting herself onto your muscular hindleg. With a nod, you looked at the tiny green tool in your massive fingers, squinting your eye in a sudden uncertainty. ...no wonder he never uses this, combs are such tiny things! You exhale through your nose and shut your eyes briefly. It can't be that hard. You took hold of one of her pink hair buns and inspected it pensively. Here goes nothing.

...carefully now...

Using your free paws, you undo the bun, unwinding it into a long spiked pigtail, which was crusted in dust and dirt. Yikes. This looks like a few years worth of grime... Shaking off the thought, you carefully took the comb, you ran it through the dirty pigtail, wrinkling your muzzle at the amount of dust that came out of it. Must have been long since this has been tended to. However, you said nothing as you ran it through the tuft of hair, smiling inwardly at it gradually becoming smoother and less and less dirt and dust coming out.

It was a lengthy process, as her hair was stuck in messy buns for so long that there were multiple knots that were caked in dirt. But, you both didn't complain once about it. Spinel just sat there on your knee, swinging her legs as she hummed an upbeat tune to herself while your tail thumped to the beat of it.

 Spinel just sat there on your knee, swinging her legs as she hummed an upbeat tune to herself while your tail thumped to the beat of it

Finally, after a few more strokes, it was soft and puffy, to the point that the comb ran through without fail. However, it was rather frizzy and stuck out wildly in many directions. You didn't like that too much... hmmmm....

"...ha!" You huffed as an idea came to mind. It was risky, but It could work... very carefully now... you focused your energy into your mouth, feeling the heat raise within, prompting you to slowly open it to let out a puff of steam. your mouth got hot to the point it glowed a bright (color) light. Here goes... "stay still." Carefully, you place your highly heated mouth over the puffed pigtail, making sure not to get too close to her head. After a bit, you slowly slid off the hair tuft, and turned your head to spit out a few stray strands of hair, scrunching your face at the taste that resided in your mouth. After snacking your lips a few times, you turned back to look at the perfectly long, smooth pigtail, with a very faint (color) gradient at the tips. You smiled brightly at this before turning your attention to the other heart bun with a huff.
~~~~~~~

"(Name)! Spinel!? Come on, there's someone you guys gotta meet!"

You look up from your tying and smiled broadly as you heard the soft footsteps of your bud Steven ascending the stairs. when he got up, he waved to you with his usual cheery smile. "Hey, (name)!" his eyes then flicked to spinel and his eyes widened in amazement "Spinel!?" smiling proudly at his astonishment, spinel leapt up from her spot, twirling then striking a pose.