part 37: the bits?

"OH NOHO, NOT THE SPLASHING!!"

"AH, IT'S LIKE A WATERFALL!!"

you laughed mischievously, lashing your massive arms through the water, throwing yet another massive wave of water over the young duo making them cry out and laugh again, and try to retaliate by splashing back at you, but they couldn't quite reach your means of splash-ery, with comparably tiny splashes. spinel had an advantage however, by swelling her hands up and bringing her fists down into the water, causing an eruption of water, effectively drenching you and steven. "Ah! alright, alright, you win!" you stop your splashing with a dopey, tongue lolling smile, while spinel wore a cocky smirk, mounting your back before pumping her fists in the air. "score one for the dynamic gem duo!" steven giggled, as you started to lick his face to clean the salty water and sand residue from it. after much licking, he finally pushes you away, parting your wet hair to see your bright eyes beaming down at him. "come on guys, let's get to shore!" you gave a nod and, without warning, lurched forward and took the back of the boy's shirt into your mouth and hoisted him up out of the water, before lumbering towards the shore. "whoa haha! you don't have to carry me, (name)" he protested, while giggling as he swayed slightly. you grinned in response. "(name) knows. but she does what she wants!" you responded, lifting your head up higher into a mild haughty stance, making spinel and steven laugh more.

once you all came to shore, you placed steven back onto his feet, and spinel dismounted your withers, wringing out her pigtails. after which, you shake your mane out, spraying flecks of water in all directions, drenching the young duo once again. "ah! watch where your shakin' ya big doof!" spinel exclaims playfully as she ducked behind Steven's shield he had summoned to try an avoid the oncoming spray. once it was dry, your fur stood up, fluffy and soft like (color) thistledown. spinel almost instantly leapt onto your back, pressing her face into your fluffy, sun-warmed fur, murmuring happily at the feeling. steven suddenly rests his hands on your muzzle, smiling broadly. "c'mon, guys! let's go get something to snack on!" he then excitedly throws his hands into the air. "and I know the perfect place!" you tip your head to the side. "big donut?" he giggles, shaking his head. "no, but it's just as good!" he gestures you to follow him. "follow!" with that he darts off, prompting you to trot after him with spinel playing with locks of your fur.

what could be just as good as donuts?
~~~~~~~~~~~

"Beach CityWalk fries?"

you squint at the large sign with a squinted as steven dashes upto the large windows infront of the establishment, where a small figure was standing. it was a small, fair skinned young boy with blonde locks of wavy hair on his head. he was wearing a polite smile on his face as steven approached, excitedly placing his hands on the counter in front of the window. "PEEDEE!" he suddenly slams his hands on the counter. "WE NEED SOME FRYBITS!" peedee? you tipped your head to the side, as you stopped a few inches behind steven, sitting behind him. what a unique name... the boy, peedee's smile suddenly faltered and he took on the look of unamusement. "steven, when are you gonna use the actual mennn-" his eyes slid to meet yours, and as expected, his face contorted into alarm and confusion. "-nnu." his eyes looked you up and down, as if he were wondering if he was seeing you correctly while you just smile awkwardly back at him with a minor shrug. steven took notice of the situation and put on a cheery grin. "oh yeah!" he turns to you and gestures to peedee. "(name)! spinel! this is peedee!" he then turns to the counter and gestures to you. "peedee! this is (name) and spinel!" you stepped closer and nodded politely to him. "hello." spinel, who dozed off briefly on your back, sat up and rubbed her eyes, regarding the boy with a bright smile. "hiya!"

peedee then squinted his eyes, as if he recognized something. "Isn't... she that 'mutant cow' with her 'pink baby' everyone's been going on about?"