part 105: one of a kind

After finishing up the rest of your drink, you heaved yourself to your paws and hooves, wobbling slightly at the ache in your limbs. The pain seemed to have worsened as you stood, becoming prominent to the point your arms and legs shook under your weight. Pearl reacted by quickly walking up to you and pressing herself against your side to keep you steady. After standing for a moment to ensure you wouldn't fall over, you were led by pearl, who now had an odd pep in her step to the warp room. But instead of entering the blue temple doors, she comes to a stop on the warp pad.

"Uhm..." You narrowed your eyes subtly. "Where are we going?" You asked, your suspicions rising about pearl's intentions.

Pearl simply giggles. "You'll love it, I promise."

That's all you get from her as the warp pad activates, and away you went.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In a flash of light from the warp, you and pearl arrive at your destination.

"And here we are!~" Pearl announced with a grand flourish of her arm.

You glanced down at the enthusiastic gem for a moment with a quirked brow before looking up at the direction her arm was facing.

"...oh wow."

It was a massive stone enclosure, surrounded by what looked like tall mountains beneath a light turquoise sky, with puffy pink clouds slowly flittering by

It was a massive stone enclosure, surrounded by what looked like tall mountains beneath a light turquoise sky, with puffy pink clouds slowly flittering by. In the center of this impressive scenery was a giant stone statue of none other than Rose Quartz herself, standing proudly on a star-shaped pedestal ringed with four life-sized Rose statues at the base. Pouring from the statue's eyes, as well as the base from where she stood, was a pink liquid that filled the pool beneath her. What completed this display were the roses that decorated the water.

"Isn't it beautiful?" Pearl mused, seemingly pleased with your stunned silence.

"What... Is this place, exactly?" You asked, turning your head to take in everything around you.

Pearl giggles, leading you off the warp pad. "This is Rose's most precious sanctuary." She elaborated, gesturing to the great statue before you both. "This garden was solely created for healing."

"Healing?" You walked to the fountain's edge and peered down into it, squinting at your faint reflection that was cast in it. Pearl's reflection came into view as she stepped forward to stand beside you. "Certainly. This fountain is filled with her healing essence." She beckoned towards the pool. "Go ahead and try it."

You hummed softly, looking down, sniffing at the pink substance. Oddly enough, it had a very faint yet noticeable flowery undertone to it. You spared an uncertain glance at pearl, to which she offers a serene smile and nodded. You huffed softly through your nostrils and, after taking a deep breath, gracefully slipped into the pink pool.

The instant you were submerged, you were enveloped in a soothing, comforting warmth, similar to that of a blanket or even a hug. This warmth then seeps into your form, spreading throughout your body, all the way to the tips of your fur, putting you completely at ease. With each paddle in the water, the pain that burned at your limbs gradually started to melt away at a surprisingly steady rate. The throbbing ache that plagued your form faded away from you entirely.