part 62: momster's day special!

"AMETHYST?!"

thud!

pearl sat up sharply, smacking her head- and gem- hard against your chin in the process, making you yelp in startlement at the abruptness of the action. you watched as pearl staggered to her feet in an unknown haste, standing ramrod straight. "W-when did you get here!?" wide blue eyes stared at the purple gem standing at the warp room entrance, leaning against the doorframe with the most smug grin you've seen on her. "'round the time I heard you guys laughing your butts off." she snorts at pearl's reaction, before casually waltzing into the kitchen, over to the fridge. "what were you guys even laughing at anyway?" pearl bite her lip and blush in modesty. "eh... de... (n-name) just..." her eyes shifted back and forth before clearing her throat. "(name) just told me a funny joke." she sets a hand on your head, lifting her chin in a matter-of-fact manner. amethyst stare back at her incredulously. "when have you ever laughed at jokes?" pearl suddenly scoffed, crossing her arms in apparent offense. "I'm completely capable of laughing at jokes, amethyst!" you chuckled mischievously, pushing yourself up into a sitting position, and nudging pearl's arm with your muzzle. "Yes. (name) saw it all herself. Pearl is more capable of laughing at jokes." you grinned smuggly. "even at the seemingly bad ones."

Almost instantly, pearl clasps a hand to her mouth in an attempt to stifle an unwanted snicker, her face flushing a light blue in a newfound layer of embarrassment. "(Name), cut it out!" She hissed, shoving at your muzzle in a way that was playful but hurried, which made you snicker in triumph. amethyst lifted her brow at the two of you, looking mildly astonished. "that's weird." she snickers to herself, opening the fridge to do her usual snack search. "gotta hand it to ya, fluffy! you're really something!" she pulls out a relatively sandwich and shuts the fridge, fixing you both with a grin of mischief. "I don't even think that garnet would've been able to remove that big ol' stick from pearl's-"

"Amethyst!" pearl snapped, her face burning as the latter started laughing, which made you stifle a small snort at the moment. pearl grunts at the purple gem's humiliating humor, but sighs, crossing her arms in resignation. "yes, very funny." she grumbled in a moody tone, which made you hum and rest your chin gently upon her head. "No need to be upset, pearl." you reassured softly. "amethyst just playing around." pearl relaxed herself slightly, humming softly. "...if you say so, (name)." you smiled and slowly moved to rest your chin in her shoulder, prompting her to lift her hand to rest it on your cheek. amethyst took a large bite out of her sandwich, observing the two of you casually. "heheh, and to think, way back when you joined us, pearl just wanted to poof ya!" you scrunched your face at that subtly, feeling a jolt of discomfort at the rather unpleasant memories of the past. ugh... what a pleasant reminder.

pearl herself wasn't very pleased with the reminder either, as she cleared her throat, trying to play off the dark blush of humiliation on her face. "that... em... I-I just wasn't used to a corrupt gem showing such high... sentience." she pats your cheek, lifting her chin again. "besides that's all in the past. we have long since sorted our differences out." she states matter-of-factly. "after all, she has earned our trust." amethyst shrugs, taking another bite of her sandwich. "eh, that's true. she's been a pretty good roommate so far." pearl hmphs and crosses her arms. "she's much more than just a roommate, amethyst." amethyst lifts her brow, a mischievous glint shining in her eye. "what would you call her then, P?" pearl hums, tapping a finger against her chin. "well, she's a very resourceful, very strong team member." she states, looking over at you. "a quick learner, surprisingly patient... as well as a good-"

the sound of a door being swung open cut pearl off, and at once a familiar, cheery voice filled the room.

"(Name)! we're back!"

Steven!

with a happy gasp, you spun around and spreading your arms out wide, immediately being met with two small giggling figures being thrown into your chest, buring their faces into your soft chest fluff and hugging you. you purred softly, nuzzling both their heads. "steven and spinel have a good time?" steven giggled, looking up at you with his usual bright and cheerful eyes. "yeah! and guess what? we got ya something!" oh? you hummed lightly in curiosity, watching as you set steven down and looked to garnet, who was holding various bags. she simply nods. "yes." she sets aside some of her bags, holding on to one; a small ornate, pink bag. "here." with an air of caution, you take the small bag and give it a tentative sniff. didn't smell off. in fact it smelled quite sweet. with a hum, you reached in and pulled out what was inside. you gasped at the small trinket you were gifted.

 you gasped at the small trinket you were gifted

"momster?" pearl sneered slightly. "Don't you think that's a bit... insensitive?" she looks over to you, who was transfixed on the two subtle words that stuck out. "...mom?" you look at steven who smiles and shrugs in turn.

"We got it for you because..." he looks away, blushing subtly. "well, you're really good at being one." spinel bounced to steven's side, smiling in her usual bouncy manner. "yeah! and I gotta say, I never knew what it was like to have a 'mom'.. but then ya found me!" she giggles softly. "So thank you!"

The wave of gratitude that crashed over you was overwhelming. at once, you scooped the duo up into arms, and twirled them around in a burst of happiness and adoration. "thank you, steven! thank you, spinel!"as the two young gems giggled in your embrace, the older gems watched the display with content smiles. "yes... she's also a very good maternal figure as well." pearl smiles calmly, while amethyst looks over the mug, smirking at the words sprawled on it. "heheh, yeah! this is pretty fitting for mama bear, especially when something happens with the stee-man and spinner!" garnet just stood for a moment, watching you cuddle your small young friends. "...perhaps that's another thing to her." amethyst looked up at garnet with a raised brow. "ya really think so?" she seemed skeptical. "isn't that kinda weird for a gem to be so... mom like?" pearl said nothing, as she stared at you with steven and spinel. "Well... no."

She smiles

She smiles. "Not at all."
~~~~~~~~~~

...yeah, this is kind of a filler, but today was mother's day, and I couldn't miss this opportunity.

(It's also my B-day, but since I'm feeling under the weather (not covid, but feeling like 💩) at the moment, I figured my b-day gift would be to make sure you peeps feel good with a bunch of fluff. 🥰)

And since I am feeling like dirt, this chap didn't come out too well. Sorry for that. 😓

When I feel lighter, I'll revamp, but as of today,

Happy Mother's Day, momsters!