ten - kiss you

[WHY DID I THINK
THIS WOULD LAST

WHY DID I THINK
I WOULD BE HAPPY]

___________________________________

I've lived with the One Direction boys on the tour bus for three weeks today. It was the happiest I'd been in my entire life. I had to fight for everything, before. Every inch of ground.

Now, though? Living was easy. There was no more struggle. The closest I got to that was breaking up the boy's arguments over stupid things, like movies or tv remotes.

The boys were officially back on tour. Back on the road. I was forced to become accustomed to the road life, not that I wasn't having fun. We ate snacks, and played games; and I felt safe.

Every few days we arrived somewhere else, somewhere new, and the boys preformed in a big arena.

I hadn't been to any of the shows, because the news was still buzzing with pictures of me from the first few days we met. We stayed in Des Moines just long enough for Lizzie's funeral, and then left.

"Mickey, get dressed! We need to go to the grocery store!" Liam called trough the bus. I got up, grabbed some clothes, and went into the bathroom.

I changed out of my pajamas and into a pair of light wash skinny jeans and a dark blue off the shoulder top. You could see the scars from all of the years of abuse poking above the top seam of the shirt. I went out and grabbed a hoodie to put on instead.

I made my way into the kitchen where the boys all stood.

"Ready?" Niall asked me.

"Ready," I confirmed.

The six of us trudged out of the bus and down to the car. It became an unspoken rule that I always got the front passenger seat because it was difficult to get out of the backseat with my prosthetic. I took the aux and plugged my phone in, and oldies rock started played through the speakers. We drove the short ten minute drive to the closest grocery store, singing along to Elton John and Bon Jovi.

Louis put the car in park and we piled out of the car.

"Okay. Louis and Mickey are going to get snacks, Harry and I are going to get fresh produce, and Niall and Zayn are gonna go get the rest of the random things we need on this list. We meet back here in 20. Got it?" Liam handed Niall a list and looked back to the rest of us.

"Yes, Liam," we choursed. Louis and I made our way to the snacks, and he started pulling things off of the shelves and into the cart.

"Are you even looking and what you're grabbing?" I laughed, and Louis paused for a second before laughing with me.

"It's junk food, someone's bound to eat it," Louis explained. I nodded. I grabbed a few bags of chips and set them down in the cart, being careful not to break their contents.

Louis and I filled up the cart in record time. After that, we both leaned against the cart and talked.

"So, you play soccer?" I asked lightly, and he nodded.

"Football, but yes."

"Right, football. Whatever. Are you any good?"

"Any good? Love, I am the best," Louis said confidently. A smirk ran across my face.

"I have an idea."

"Is it a good idea?"

"It's an idea."