A.M.

[ONE WEEK LATER]

"That's it," I said, "album number two is done. That's it!" I looked away from the computer at Harry. He smiled and sighed in relief.

"Thank god," he laughed, "come here, darling!" He pulled me up out of my seat and spun me around, both of us laughing loudly. "Let's make the call so they can start producing it, yeah?"

"Yeah," I said. He set me down and my knees buckled beneath me. Harry reached out and grabbed onto me under my armpits, keeping me from falling back into the chair.

"Jesus, hey, easy. What's wrong?" he asked frantically. I grabbed onto his shirt.

"I haven't slept in like 40 hours, Har, I'm just tired," I said. His frown grew bigger. "It's nothing, don't act like you haven't gone that long on a creative break."

"Yeah, but I'm not dumb about it. Did you eat?"

"I had a granola bar," I said, slumping down further into the chair.

"Mickey," Harry scolded.

"I'm good."

"No, you're sleep deprived and starving. Where's Louis? Shouldn't he be in here making sure you're not killing yourself?" I looked up at him, unimpressed. "Oh, don't tell me you guys still aren't talking!"

We weren't taking.

Not since he made that dumb comment about James a week ago. It was like our enemy narrative was suddenly a real thing. We could hardly look at each other.

"I'm not talking to him until he apologizes," I said flatly.

"He has apologized."

"Not like he means it," I mumbled. Harry sighed.

"You guys are both being childish," Harry said.

"Well, technically I'm still a child for nine months, so..." I trailed off, raising my eyebrows. Harry sighed and ran a hand through his hair. "I sound dumb, don't I?"

"Not dumb," he said, "just overly stubborn. Come on, get up." I grabbed his hands and he pulled me up into a standing position. "I'm going bring you to his hotel room, and you two are going figure it out. Okay?"

"As soon as I get into that room I'm gonna sleep," I said, a yawn punctuating the sentence to prove my point. Harry only sighed and wrapped an arm around my waist. He led me out of the hotel room we were using as a studio and down to Louis' room. "Goodnight, Harry."

"It's two in the afternoon," Harry chuckled, "but goodnight, darlin'." He put a kiss on my forehead and knocked on the hotel room door. It opened a few seconds later. "She's all yours, mate."

Harry patted his shoulder and then disappeared into his room, which was across the hall.

Louis and I stared at each other.

"You look like a zombie," he said after some time.

"I finished the album," I said. Louis stepped back and opened the door. I caught sight of the bed, and looked up at Louis hesitantly. He nodded his head for me to come in.