SUMMER LOVE

[TWO WEEKS LATER]

Liam was the first to move out.

The day arrived too quickly for my liking. But of course, I didn't say anything. Liam worried about me enough on his own, he didn't need anything else to add onto it. And, anyways, I wanted to be happy for him. He was growing up.

"Are you coming, peaches?" Liam called.

"Yeah!" I called back. I left my room and hurried downstairs, sliding on the railing to pick up speed. I met Liam by the front door. The last of his suitcases were next to him. "Just us?"

"Yeah, the lads are out looking for apartments themselves," Liam said. I nodded my head and looked around the living room. Home wasn't going to be home anymore. "Are you ready?"

"Yeah," I lied. I opened the door and grabbed one of the suitcases. Liam grabbed the other and walked out of the house.

The drive to his new place wasn't long. We pulled up in front of a big blue house. There was a car in front, belonging to his girlfriend, Emily. Liam smiled when he looked at the house, and I smiled when I saw him smiling.

I was trying to be happy.

"Let's go inside," I said. I climbed out of his car and he followed. We walked through the grass of his new yard. He put the new, shiny key in the lock and then pushed the door open, allowing me to walk in first.

The entryway was a bit tight. We kicked off our shoes and stepped further into the house. The walls in the living room were a warm tan color and the furniture was dark brown. It felt homey.

"Wow, this place is nice," I said fondly.

"Looks like Em has already started decorating," Liam said. He nodded his head to where some of his awards from different shows were on a shelf, along with pictures of the boys.

"Hey, sweets," Emily said. She came up behind us and wrapped her arms around Liam. She quickly moved from him to me. "Hi, Mickey."

"Hey," I said.

"Have you shown her yet?" Emily asked, pulling away from me to talk to Liam. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"We're on our way right now," Liam said. He started towards the stairs and nodded for me to follow. I did, and Emily trailed behind us.

Liam led me up the stairs and down one of the hallways. He stopped in front of a door and smiled down at me. He twisted the knob and pushed it open, nodding his head for me to walk in.

My feet shuffled in, and then my jaw dropped. There was a bed pushed against a wall, a comfy looking rug underneath it, and a vanity against one wall. The walls were a peach color.

"I told you that you'd have your own room," Liam said. I looked back at him, tears welling up in my eyes. "Oh, peaches, come here." He opened his arms and I went into them willingly, pressing my cheek into his chest.

"You're the best," I whispered.

"I know," Liam sighed. I laughed and sniffled into his shirt.

Liam was, in reality, the closest thing I had ever had to a parent. He was firm when he needed to be and gave me guidance when I needed it. Liam was amazing. He was the best.