eighteen - steal my girl

[I WOULDNT BE LIKE THIS
IF I KNEW HOW TO NOT BE
LIKE THIS.

I DONT LIKE
BEING BROKEN.]

_________________________________

"That is the worst idea I've ever heard!" Liam said. One Direction and I were in a parked car in the parking lot of Wal-Mart.

"Just hear me out! Lizzie and I used to push each other around in carts and stick plungers to the walls! You all said you wanted fun, I've directed you to fun," I said.

"Your idea of fun is sticking plungers to walls?" Harry asked. I shrugged and agreed.

"We'll get kicked out," Liam said.

"It's not like we're ever gonna be at this Walmart again," Louis said.

Half an hour after Louis' statement, we were running from a security guard. Niall was pulling me behind him and eventually shoving me into the car.

"You know, Mickey, for someone who's been arrested multiple times you sure do like to get yourself into bad situations," Zayn said.

"Yeah, whatever. I don't need a lecture," I said. Louis put the car in gear and we started driving without a destination in mind. "So Simon talked to me."

"What did he say?" Liam asked.

"He offered me a record deal. He thinks that I can be just as successful as you guys, but I don't know. He like offered me a contract and everything," I explained.

"And what did you say?" Niall asked.

"I told him that I didn't know if it was what I wanted, but I would talk it over with you guys." I finished. The car got quiet.

"Simon Cowell offered you a record deal and you told him you didn't know if you wanted it?" Harry said from behind me.

"Yeah?"

"What is it with you and not allowing yourself to have good things?" Louis asked. I blinked in suprise.

"I don't even know if it would be a good thing! I've lived a lot of my life not being in control of anything at all, but now I'm in control of my future. I just don't want to sign a contract and realize that I don't like it, okay?" I said defensively.

"But you do like it, Mickey. I saw the look on your face while you were singing. You like it," Niall said.

"Don't tell me what I like," I argued.

"I think that we should all just chill," Harry said.

I thought about it. For as long back as I can remember, speaking up got me hurt. I was never allowed to say no, never allowed to ask anyone to stop. But now I was.

If I fight them, they won't want me.

"Yeah, you're right. I just need some time to think," I dismissed it.

Everyone's adrenaline from the concert was wearing off. I nodded off asleep and woke up when we got to the bus.

"Get up, goblin," Harry said while nudging me.

"I know you didn't just call me a goblin," I laughed, pulling myself out of sleep. I unbuckled my seatbelt and stumbled out of the car.