fourty-three - i want

[i wish time
had better timing
for you and me.]

________________________________

"This was a bad idea," I said.

Liam was sitting on my bed, watching me run around.

It had been a week. The school accepted me as a student. I was going to be enrolled as a senior at the young age of sixteen.

I had ten minutes before I needed to leave for my first day of actual high school. To put it simply, I was having second thoughts.

"No ones gonna like me!" I said, changing my shirt again.

"What if people only talk to me because I'm, like, famous?" I mumbled, tying my shoes.

"I'm not going," I announced loudly, standing next to the door.

"Peaches," Liam groaned. At this point he was laying back on the couch, groaning. I walked and sat next to him. "You're only going for three periods. That's like... two hours. You'll be fine."

"Li," I said, "I'm going to die."

Liam laughed softly and stood up from the couch. He sat and lightly grabbed my biceps, taking my full attention.

"You're being silly. You're a likable kid, okay? Yeah, you're famous, but that doesn't matter. People will realize who you are without the stage lights, and they're going to love you anyways."

"But-"

"We don't have time for buts, you're going to be late," Liam said. He grabbed onto my hands and pulled me toward the door.

"What if there's a uniform?" I gasped.

"We went on the tour yesterday, there were no uniforms," Liam said. "Do you want to drive, or should I drive you?"

"No, I can drive," I said.

The boys also forced me to get my European drivers license. There was a whole lot of practice driving, which was really just me and one of the other boys yelling while I drove badly.

But I had improved enough to pass a drivers test. Although, I had a suspicion the lady who was grading my driving felt bad for me. You know, one leg and everything.

"Okay, take the mustang," Liam said. He handed me the keys to Niall's car and I spun them around my finger. "You okay?"

"Yeah," I said. "I need to go, though, I don't want to be late." I was almost out the door when Liam called my name. I paused and he came up and put a kiss on my forehead.

"You'll be fine," Liam promised. I smiled and nodded. The door of the house closed behind me and I rolled my eyes at myself for not remembering a hoodie.

-

I didn't die on my drive to the school. A small victory, but a victory none the less.

I looked in the visor mirror and fixed my hair a bit, before groaning and pulling the keys out of the ignition. I grabbed my bag and started the short walk inside.

I sighed in relief when I stepped inside, savoring the warmth. I looked down at my hand, where I scribbled my locker number in sharpie. I turned through the hallways and kept my head down.

When I got to my locker, I considered climbing into it. I didn't, though. I shoved my bag into it and unzipped it to grab my psychology textbook, the class that I had first. I grabbed it and accidentally bumped shoulders with the girl beside me.