fourteen - right now

[children should not
have to fight
to be young.]

_________________________________

"Mickey, come out of the bathroom!" Liam sing-songed. I looked at my reflection again, feeling insecure. "Let's go, Peaches," he called again. I sighed and unlocked the door.

"I don't want everyone starring at me when I walk out, okay? Don't be weird," I requested. The boys laughed. "I'm serious!" I giggled back.

"Okay, okay. We'll turn around," Zayn said. I heard them all move around. The tussle of their suits rubbing against one another made me roll my eyes.

I stepped out of the bathroom, looking at the ground. I looked up and sighed, mumbling you can turn around now quietly. They whipped around excitedly.

"Damn, Mickey, pop off," Harry said in an American accent, taking my appearance in. I rolled my eyes and laughed.

"What Harry meant to say is that you look gorgeous, darling," Liam said, stepping forward and pulling me into a hug. I hugged him back, being careful not to smudge the makeup Cassie worked so hard on onto his jacket.

"And before you have time to lock yourself in the bathroom again, we're leaving," Niall said with a cheeky grin, ushering us all out of the tour bus. I was thankful it was warm outside.

"Is that a limo?" I asked excitedly, looking around at the boys. They laughed and nodded and I bounced up and and down a bit, excitedly. "That's so cool!"

"So, like, what's gonna go down at this thing?" I asked the boys once we piled into the limo. It was spacious, all things considered.

"Basically we're going to get there and they're going to take a bunch of pictures, and then we're going to go inside and talk with the other people that were nominated until they start announcing the winners." Liam explained, as if it was easy.

"What am I doing while you guys take pictures?" I asked.

"You're in the pictures with us, darling," Harry laughed, bumping his leg into me.

"Wait, what?"

"You didn't know that?" Zayn asked. I shook my head no.

"Hey, you'll be fine," Louis said from my other side. I looked at him with wide eyes before taking a deep breath, and nodded.

"Yeah, right. Always." I confirmed. I laced my fingers together to stop them from fidgeting and consciously tried to keep my leg from shaking.

Eventually, the limousine rolled to a stop. I looked out the window.

"Is that Beyoncé?" I asked loudly.

"Yes," Harry confirmed. The door opened and Harry and Zayn climbed out. Zayn pulled me after him and before I had the chance to take a deep breath and prepare, I was outside of the limo.

"Holy shit," I breathed. There were hundreds of Paparazzi, and dozens of celebrities I'd only ever been able to see in magazines. Niall, Liam, and Louis climbed out after me.

"You good?" Niall asked. I nodded, although I definitely wasn't good.

The boys all started walking towards the red carpet. Louis' hand found the small of my back and he gently pushed me forward.

"This is nuts," I said to him.

"You've got me thinking back to my first award show now. I know exactly how you feel," He said. I nodded.

The boys and I stood off in the side for a minute, waiting for the actual real life Beyoncé to exit the carpet. She walked off and we walked on.

"Where do I look?" I asked the group, putting on a fake smile.