STILL THE ONE

[a/n: my school just started back up :(. anyways, please forgive me if updates are a bit slow for awhile🥺

ALSO CHRASHING INTO YOU JUST HIT 3k READS???? IT HIT 2k LIKE 7 CHAPTERS AGO??? THATS FUCKING BONKERS!!]

lol leaving this ^ because it's cute and it's Wattpad and no one really cares lol it's just funny to me that 2k was even more exciting than 150k

-
-
-
-
-
-

The next morning, I woke up in Louis' bed, tangled in his arms. He was still asleep. "Lou," I mumbled, "you have an interview today."

Louis hummed, still half asleep. I rolled over in his arms. "Don' go," he mumbled sleepily.

"I'm not going anywhere," I said. Louis pressed his face into my back. I scooted further into him for warmth.

"I have an interview," Louis said.

"Mhm."

"Okay," He said. He stayed still for a moment longer before he sat up. I rolled over on my back to look at him and smiled tiredly, eyes half open. He was looking at me with a soft frown.

"What's wrong, Lou?"

"Five years is a long time," Louis said.

I sat up and pulled the blanket tighter around me to fight off the cold air in his room.

"We're having this conversation?" I asked softly, keeping my voice down, hoping whichever boys were still asleep stayed asleep.

"Yeah," Louis said, "we should, shouldn't we?"

I paused for a moment.

"Can't you terminate the contract like Harry did with he and I's fake relationship?"

"It's not that simple, love. You got out of yours because of everything that went down with Donte. And you're still a minor, that's was the most important part. Simon thought you didn't need another thing to worry about."

"You won't be able to end the contract," I said, voice dropping an octave in realization. Louis nodded sadly. "What does that mean for us, then?"

"It probably means that management is going to force us into an enemies front," Louis said. I furrowed my eyebrows. "They're going to make us act like we don't like each other on stage and in interviews."

"For five years?"

"Maybe," Louis said.

"Maybe," I said quietly.

And I knew if Louis was mentioning it to me, he thought it was possible. He was worried if it.

"But hey. That's just for the cameras, yeah? We know what we are," Louis said. He planted a quick peck on my lips and pulled away smiling.

"We do," I agreed, even though I still didn't know what we were. "Do we tell the boys?"

"We probably should," Louis acknowledged.

"Louis, wake up!" Liam shouted, banging on his door. "And go wake Mickey up too! We have to leave for an interview in half an hour!"

"Louis, wake up," I laughed quietly, mocking Liam. Louis nudged me. "and go wake Mickey up too-"

Louis cut me off by kissing me. We laughed through it, noses and teeth bumping.

"I'm awake," Louis mumbled.

"Go get dressed," I said. I pushed the blanket off me and put my prosthetic on. "Is it possible that your room has gotten colder since the last time I was in here?"