Shopping

When Natasha opened her eyes one peaceful Saturday, she knew it was time to shop. She quickly threw on an outfit before grabbing her purse and going to the living room.

"Hey, I'm going shopping. Anyone want to join? "She asked as she put on sunglasses and a hat.

Loki and Peter looked up from their game of Jenga and decided to go with Nat. The trio went to the garage and chose the least fancy car they could find, then finally set off to the mall.

Turns out that bringing Loki was a good idea. He wasn't as noticeable as the other Avengers, and had way more fashion sense than the others. Dressed in his all-black suit, Loki strutted around the stores tossing stuff in the shopping cart.

" Perhaps these, Miss Spider? " Loki said politely, offering Natasha some dresses. They were easy to fight in while still fashionable, so she took them.

Natasha also grabbed sweatpants and sweatshirts, because she never had enough.

When Natasha tried on the clothes that Loki picked out, she was impressed. "Good job trickster. Let's see if we can help Petey Pie over here." Nat said, gesturing to Peter in his old jeans and corny t-shirts . 

He tried to defend his fashion, but neither adults listened. They were strolling around, and would occasionally throw something at Peter. While Natasha had just been looking for dresses, Peter needed a whole new wardrobe.

"Small Spider, here are some handsome suits." Look pointed at a rack of formal wear.

" Loki, no offense, but I'm not going to prom. " Peter replied, indignant at the idea of dressing formally every day.

"What about these?" Natasha asked, holding up some plaid button ups.

"Unlike Clint, I'm not a farmer. Absolutely not." Peter responded, refusing the tops.

Loki sighed and continued searching, before he found a large array of patterned sweaters. "Would you consider these, young one?" He questioned hopefully .

Peter inspected the clothing before reluctantly agreeing to try on the clothes. Natasha tossed some new jeans at him, and ushered Peter into a changing room.

After Peter was all set, Loki wanted some new shoes, so he got some new, shiny formal shoes. On a whim, he also grabbed a shirt with his face on it. After being paired with Spider-Man pajama pants, Loki dragged the other two to the check-out line.

they used Tony's card, cause why not. He had money to spare.

after clothes shopping, Loki stopped at the bookstore and bought some more books.

Nat went to a crafting store because she was all out of scrapbooking supplies, and it was almost Christmas.

Peter wanted a new Lego set, so he got three more. (The Avengers tower, the Wakanda set, and the Asgard set.)

There was one last stop... Ice Cream. Natasha wanted strawberry, Peter got cookie dough, and Loki wanted dark chocolate.

-

 "...Can we look at the pet store?" Peter begged as they were leaving. The adults soon relented. Here are some scenes that followed. 

"What a good boy! Yes, so sweet!" 

"...Loki, that's a snake." Natasha pointed out. 

"YEs , and it's such a gOOD bOY!" Look cooed. To be fair, the snake looked pretty pleased at the attention (as any respectable reptile would).

" Auntie Nat! Auntie Nat! Can we get a cat? " Peter pleaded.

"...We can get a parrot? If you want?" Natasha suggested .

So, That's the story of how three Avengers left for an afternoon and returned with four bags of clothes, a bag of books, a bag of crafting supplies, three Lego sets, and a parrot. Like a gentleman, Loki carried it all. 

"Squawk! Language!"

"Chirp! Parrot wants some pancakes!"

"Squawk! Go to sleep Stark!"

"Loki no stabbing, Chirp chirp!"

( The parrot could also speak rapid fire Russian, courtesy of Nat.)

* * * 

It's snowing!!! Ahhh! Is anyone enjoying this? At all?