Rouges' Return ~

just a reminder.. this will be different than most rouges-meet-peter fics bc I am a proud team cap!! Thats just how it be my dudes

ca:cw spoilers, but i think you could figure that out

Cat pics below story
* * *

Peter's day at school started as any day would, with being late. Then it proceeded as all days do, easy lessons with a sprinkling of dying inside (who was he kidding, it was more than a sprinkling). 

So, after having an exceptionally boring day, Peter assumed that it would continue being boring and normal.

Well, you know what happens when you assume things.

Meandering over to the tower, as Peter always did after school, he couldn't help but notice the shiny black jet that was parked on the landing strip. He shrugged it off, thinking that it was just some foreign dignitary. 

I mean, he wasn't exactly wrong, but it wasn't just anybody. It was King T'challa of Wakanda, with a hoard of Rouge Avengers that needed to be present for a revising of the Accords.

Peter was blissfully unaware of that, though, and continued into the tower. He stopped by the living room to say 'hi' to Mr. Stark, but he wasn't there. So, he went to the kitchen. No Stark. Knocked on his door. No Answer.

"Hey, FRIDAY?"

"Yes, Peter?"

"Oh. Um, I was just wondering if you knew where Mr. Stark was." Peter asked.

"He is currently in a meeting. Shall I tell him you were asking after him?" FRIDAY answered.

"No, thanks. That's alright." Peter chuckled awkwardly.

"Son Override: Boss has been notified of your queries."

"What?" Peter asked, mortified.

Peter put his head down and rushed off to his room, deciding to just do homework rather than mess with Mr. Stark's business.

~Meanwhile, in a Meeting~

Tony dragged a hand down his face. General Ross was an idiot, he decided, and to elaborate, he was an evil idiot.

"What I'm saying is, is that we need to have an ultimatum, we need to have a place to store the ones that have gone bad--"

"That didn't stop us before." Steve said, tilting his head. "And beyond that, the Raft in unethical. Putting a shock collar and straitjacket on a child? I've done a lot, but that is way too far."

Tony pointed over. "Yes! And having everyone sign? I think only adults should, which, which is to say over eighteens, or better, over twenty.." He trailed off when he saw everyone looking at him. "What?" he said defensively.

Wanda spoke up. "I get twenty, that covers me, but who do you know that is under eighteen? I'm barely above that, so it's not me."

Tony didn't answer.

"Tony?" Nat asked.

Then, FRIDAY spoke up. "Son Override Activated. Peter has been asking after you."

"Thanks, FRIDAY." Tony said softly, not meeting anyone's eyes. After a lengthy pause, "I guess you have your answer, then."

"Son? Tony, who is that?" Steve asked in barely a whisper. He knew the answer, but he wished it wasn't true. 

dear god, please let me not have dropped a Jetway on a kid

General Ross caught on quickly. "If Spider-Man is in this tower, he needs to be here. We have no guarantee that he isn't going to turn on the city."