RedBack~

requested by the ever so darling DistrictHogwarts746

takes place a few years after homecoming. No Thanos, no civil war, all sadness

Wanda/Peter pairing here <3

* * *

"щебень, невидимка, паук, башня, заброшенность, алая, крушение, весна, пыль, огонь. Краснаяспина?"

"готов соблюдать"

* * *

It had been a long time since Experiment 57 had felt anything, so as he looked at his bloody palm, it shocked him that it stung. 

The even odder  thing was that it wasn't his palm that stung. It was a deep, sharp pang in his chest, where the only thing that ever hurt there was an actual injury. Or when he was hungry, but this was different. How, though?

57, or rather, RedBack, as HYDRA called him, got up and brushed off his thighs. There wasn't any dust there, but he needed the blood off of his palms. 

It hurt him to look at it.

His head turned upwards and he avoided looking at the body. That was weird, too, he usually could look at it, no problem.

He forced his head down, and looked at what had been his target. 57 didn't even know who that woman was, but he had gotten a file with a stamp that said exterminate. So, 57 did what he did best- murder.

With a sigh, 57 jumped up, sticking to the wall that surrounded the ally he was in. A mask covered his face, and the red that glowed softly on his black suit had a menacing look. He crawled away, leaping across buildings to get as far away as he could before someone discovered the body.

When he entered the HYDRA base that 57 called home, he got a nod and was shoved into his cell without another thought. 

This happened a lot.

57 hugged his knees close, reflecting on his latest mission. It had gone well before the blood got on his hands. It was a quick mission, but 57 kept thinking about the feeling.

Feeling.

57 had a few memories intact, but he didn't let it show, because memories meant the chair, and the chair meant pain. Unspeakable pain that lasted long after he had been pushed into his cell, that lingered even once the pulsing had stopped. 

The memories didn't show anything special, only a guy with a goatee and sunglasses calling him Peter.

That's ridiculous, I'm Experiment 57, RedBack.

Was he? 

The second memory was of dropping off of the ceiling to see a boy, around his age. Again, he was called Peter. His heart ached when he thought about that boy sometimes. A friend? No, that's silly.

I'm Experiment 57, RedBack.

The last one was of a girl with auburn hair laughing next to him on a couch. They were holding hands, but he had no memory as to why. He only knew that whenever he thought of her, he could almost hear her voice, calling him Peter.

No. I am RedBack.

57 shook his head, thinking about all of the missions he had done. He had quickly climbed the ranks of the HYDRA experiments, but he did not know where he came from. No one gave him answers, either.