Vulnerable Conversations, 2

Not related to the other shot, but is in the series. Suggest other pairs if you want. :)

* * *

Battle was Natasha's forte. She had an elegant grace while she fought, and seemed fearless.

That wasn't the case.

She was scared, she was so incredibly scared that she thought her heart might leap out of her throat and onto the battlefield.

 Her terror was concealed by her skill, but it still was there.

She thought it made her weak. She figured the fear wasn't called for, that the emotion shouldn't be there, that she wasn't good enough. 

Natasha needed someone to talk to.

As she wandered through the compound, the barren halls seemed to sneer at her. They were tightening around her, squeezing out her life, she wasn't going to make it- 

"Romanoff? You okay there?"

Ah, a person.

Natasha was crouched beside a wall, clutching her head. When she looked up, she saw Tony Stark . He was kneeling next to her, concern written over his face. At a lengthy pause of silence, he began to help her up.

"Come on, Spider Mama. Let's get you to the Med Bay."

Clutching Tony's arm, Nat began to make her way to the Med Bay. 

When they got there, Tony began to look over her. 

Puzzled, Tony said, "You seem fine. Any idea what's wrong?"

 Meeting Tony's gaze, Natasha answered, "I'm scared." 

Her voice broke, and she avoided she contact. She continued as she studied her shoes.

 " I try to be strong, but deep down I'm terrified. Sometimes I let it consume me to the point of collapse. It never happens of the field because I can't let it. You guys are counting on me, and I gotta be there. So I wait until safety to release the fear, the weakness, the inability. I hid it forever, but it's killing me. "

Tony was silent.

 "Say something, Stark."

 Nothing.

 "Tony?"

 After a bit, "It's nice to know I'm not the only one." Tony whispered.

Natasha looked at him quizzically.

"Not to make this about me, or course, but I feel that too. I hide behind my jokes, my sarcasm, anything to make the fear. It's nice to know I'm not alone. "

Slowly, they shared a hug, but it was more than that. It was two broken people, who were so incredibly strong, accepting emotions that aren't weakness. They needed each other, in life and in death.

* * *

 Merry Christmas If I don't update tomorrow. :)