I Tried My Best~

This one's for JezJadeRiddleMalfoy.... i tried my best and I really hope that it's okay. If I got anything wrong, just let me know and I'll fix it!!

this was supposed to be published earlier my bad <3

This has gender fluid Peter! This is my first time writing such a character, so please bear that in mind! 

* * *

Loki didn't know what to think of the child that hung around the Avengers. Everything about the child was... odd. The aura around the kid was always changing, and Loki didn't know what to think about it.

He didn't mind the kiddo, he just wanted to figure out what it was about this child that was so fascinating. Stark got in the way a bit, but eventually, Loki got to chat with Peter Parker, as he was introduced.

It was a mission day, all hands on deck. Except for Peter, who had school, and Loki, who they didn't trust. 

Loki had sat on the couch in the main living area, and once Peter exited the elevator, Loki took his chance.

"Hello, Peter." Loki didn't miss the small wince at the name. "Is that wrong? Your name is Peter, right?"

Peter nodded hesitantly. "Well, sometimes, I guess."

Suddenly Loki realized it. The pieces fell into place. This child was gender fluid, and...

"Do they know?" Loki asked, referencing the Avengers. As suspected, the teen shook his head. "What should I call you today?"

"Peyton, if you don't mind." ...She was surprisingly chill about the god of mischief finding out her huge secret. 

Loki thought about it for a minute, taking it all in. Then, he nodded. "Alright, Peyton. What do you want to do today? We've got the compound to ourselves."

She ran over to the board games and picked up a small deck of cards labeled 'Uno'. They played the game for a few hours, since whoever was the loser for a hand always demanded a rematch. They got along surprisingly well, and they laughed a lot.

Then, Loki voiced out a plan that he'd been putting together ever since he'd learned Peyton's secret.

"Would you like to learn some magic? Specifically, shifting your image?"

Peyton looked up, shocked. "You mean, you'd teach me?"

Loki scoffed. "Of course. Everyone should be comfortable with who they are and do as they please. We can start now!"

So, they headed down to the room where Loki usually practiced his magic. They worked hard that day and many others, before Peyton got the hang of it. 

They even came up with a plan of revealing the secret to the team... it would be set into motion whenever she was ready.

~

Peter (for this was a new day, and he was feeling more masculine today), walked down the hallway of his school towards the big double doors. It was the end of the day, and Loki was picking him up.

"Ah, Peter!" Loki yelled out. He always seemed to know what name to use, must come with being magic.

The grin on Peter's face widened, and he ran over to the god, giving him a big hug. "Hey, Loki. What've you got planned for today?"

"Whatever you want," Loki responded with a smile, "you're done training, after all."

"Really?" Peter asked, and received a nod. "Well, then I guess we can start the reveal soon. I'll let you know."

~

It was a few days later, after out favorite Spider Child had spent the night at the Avengers compound, that she did the big reveal. 

She walked out of her room normally, going to eat breakfast. As usual, Tony dropped some food on a plate and handed it to her. 

"You sleep well, Peter?" He asked.

"Peyton." 

Tony turned around. "What?"

"Call me Peyton. I'm feeling more feminine today." With that, she used her magic and shifted. "Did I do it right, Loki?"

The god, who was now leaning against the doorway, smiled and gave a thumbs up. "A plus, Peyton. Want me to take you to school?"

~

Peyton went back to the compound for dinner, and she explained everything. Of course, the Avengers were very accepting of her, and it all went great. 

She did talk to the media about it too, a little later, and was from then on referred to as just The Spider. 

All in all, a point for team Happiness.

* * *

i know... its short... im doin my darndest here..... school