Baking Disaster

Who's idea was it to begin a baking competition? Oh yeah, it was Peter's. It was his fault, technically, that the kitchen was a mess of flour, sugar, and egg yolk.

See, it all had started bright and early in the morning, as Peter binge watched 7 seasons of baking shows. Bucky had sat down next to him, stretching stiffly.

"Hey Bucky," Peter said, with as much energy as a kangaroo. " Let's do that! " Pete was pointing at the TV excitedly, bouncing slightly.

Bucky raised a brow in question, before shrugging. "Sure, whatever." He very clearly had no intention of actually trying, but Peter's next words changed that severely.

Grinning joyously, Peter ran off. "I'm going to get Sam and whoever else is awake!"

Bucky's eyes burned with a passion. He growled softly, before watching the TV studiously.

Soon, Peter arrived with a crew of to-be bakers. Sam, Steve, Natasha. He wanted Clint, but he was with family. Wanda said she'd be down in a bit, and the others were judges.

Bucky stalked over to the group, eyeing his opponents with a judging view. He was taking this as seriously as a mission. He would win, if that meant sabotage then so be it.

After explaining the rules, Peter decided the first thing they would bake would be a cake. A chocolate cake, to be specific.

After setting a timer for three hours, they were off.

Round 1

Steve and Sam started off reasonably well, before Steve threw an extra egg in Sam's batter. An entire egg, not cracked. Sam was offended, and dumped an entire bag of sugar in Steve's batter.

"By my honor you shall not halt my cake!" Steve shouted loudly. Both Sam and Steve presented their cakes, without starting over, and during the judging glared at eachother.

Natasha was a hot mess. Despite modern beliefs, not all women belong in the kitchen. Sure, she could craft, but there was a reason she never made any meals. She put in flour instead of sugar, salt instead of flour, and used cream cheese rather than butter.

Her cake looked fine, but the judges thought otherwise about the taste.

Bucky mixed his cake calmly, focusing on perfection. Although Steve usually cooked, who do you think taught Steve? With his dainty pink apron, Bucky made a beautiful cake worthy of Asgard. Everyone was impressed.

Peter, oh Peter. He began alright, but as soon as he saw Bucky's, he began to mimic his every move. None of the measurements were right, but the cakes looked startlingly similar. Peter only did this to rile up Bucky.

Wanda saw the chaos and decided to be on the judging committee, with Tony and Bruce. Vision was left to read, quite happily.

for round one, the judges declared Bucky the winner. Despite much protest, Steve was eliminated.

Round 2

Without anyone bothering him, Sam actually made a pretty decent jelly pastry, since that is what they needed to make. It was surprisingly delicious and it worried Bucky.

Nat... She grabbed storebought fruit roll-ups and made little sandwiches with jelly?? She nearly set the kitchen on fire, but when was she at the stove??? Why???

Peter didn't know what he was doing. He found some pizza dough in the fridge and some strawberry jelly to go with it, but it still wasn't satisfactory for him.

Bucky made several pastries, some sweet and some savory. The aroma was aweing, and the taste inspired the judges at the phenomenal burst of flavors.

The judges marked Bucky the winner, again, and made Natasha leave for safety's sake.

Round 3

Just Peter, Sam, and Bucky remained. The next round: Omelets.

Peter could manage this task. It was an Omelet, if he couldn't do that then he was a failure. He made a simple omelet, with sprinkles of cheese. It was tasty, but plain.

YEes, Bucky wanted to win. If that involved slipping massive amounts of flour in Sam's omelet, he wouldn't hesitate. Flour coated the floor and Bucky's clothes, but he played dumb.

Bucky's omelet was a masterpiece. He used fresh vegetables, organic eggs, and the sharpest of cheddar. Tony nearly passed out at the taste, it was so good.

the judges spoke: Sam was to leave, and Bucky remained at the top.

Round 4

The next thing that the contestants had to make was cupcakes.

Peter did his best and followed a recipe, but he knew he wouldn't win. How could he when Bucky was a literal god at baking?

Bucky saw Peter's dejected look, and remembered the boy's joy at watching the TV. Bucky may have dumped cranberry juice in his mint cupcakes. But you know, he wouldn't have... Right?

When the Judges announced that Peter won and the boy nearly cried in response, Bucky didn't regret any of his actions. Plus, he got a hug and Peter gave the best hugs.

The Avengers didn't have dinner because Steve couldn't find the dough he made for pizza. They ordered Chinese as a result.

* * *

Like this? Part two? Remember, I will take requests!