LOL Catch You Later~

This is a collab with weirdestbirdwriter! We each gave each other a prompt, so go check out their one-shots book to see mine!

They all alive. You can't stop me. but i made stevie mean :(

* * *

The sound of arguing echoed through the compound, and from a different room came three groans.

Bucky, Loki, and Peter exchanged glances as if to say this again?  Yes, it was a common occurrence  to hear loud discussions between Steve, Thor, and Tony, but did they really have to do it at 3pm?

I mean, didn't Steve need a nap?

Peter had just gotten back from school and May had said he could stay the night- but if this noise kept going, he might not.

After all the events of Civil War, the Avengers patched things up as well as they could. Of course, it wasn't perfect, and out of nowhere the rift between Tony and Steve would reopen and relight the fire of rage. The Infinity War made it worse.

Thor would join in because he thought it was all in good fun, but it wasn't, really. He was a major part of the ruckus.

Amidst the big three fighting like cats, their 'sidekicks', so to say, had joined together in search for peace and quiet. Peter, whose hearing was dialed up to eleven, hated hearing Tony yell, but sometimes his mentor forgot about that. Loki liked mischief, but the pure unbridled rage that came out in waves scared him. It reminded him of Odin and his childhood, of stuff that Thor didn't even know about. Bucky never liked loud noises, his weapons made him flinch and Steve knew that. But, then again, Steve left Bucky for the forties again, so how much did Steve care?

The misfits, as they liked to call themselves, often would hide when the arguments resurfaced so that they weren't pulled into it and expected to take sides.

This was one of those times, evidently. 

Loki sighed softly, looking over at Bucky and Peter, who were both trying to make themselves as small as possible. 

"Wanna ditch?" He suggested. "I know a nice ice cream place that serves drinks."

* * *

THREE HOURS LATER

* * *

The argument had subsided, and now the three big men were in separate rooms, fuming. They each went to search out their mentee, brother, or best friend, only to find nothing. They ran into each other in the living room, glaring. 

On the coffee table was a note, written in Loki's relaxed black scrawl. 

"lol catch you later, come find us when you gentlemen can behave."

It was quiet for a moment, sweet, blessed silence, until the noise level skyrocketed.

"It's your fault!" Accused Steve, pointing a finger at Thor. 

Aghast, Thor responded, "How on Midgard is this my fault? You started the yelling match."

"Well he's your brother!" Yelled Tony.

"Don't agree with me, Tony. We all know that you're only in this for the money that you can make from the kids' adventures." Steve said, eyes narrowing.

"I almost dies to protect your sorry butt and this is the thanks I get?"

"Oh, don't play that card." Said Steve angrily, "I--"

Tony interrupted. "Yeah, while you were dancing with Patsy Cline or whatever, I was raising a child and helping the world!"

"I protected the world so many times, I was done! I never wanted this, I wanted to die in that ice, but I was happy for once, since being revived!"