'What's Wrong W Ur Voice And Why Do I Like It?' -Book By Harley Keener~

this has parley, parkner, whatever u wanna call it. FLUFFY CUZ U GUYS DESERVE IT BC YOU SURVIVED WHUMPTOBER

guess whose stream i was watching while writing this

Glittercat34 u might like this idk  and feel free to write a p2 or something or ur own version i just thought of you <3

* * *

After missions, Peter's voice was always sore and a few octaves lower. It was probably all of the yelling, screaming, and just in general throat-hurting things he did, but he usually didn't pay any mind. He just didn't speak for a day or two, and people went with it. 

When Harley Keener needed to stay at the Avengers compound one weekend and his visit overlapped with Peter's, however, Peter had a hard time not speaking.

It began in the early hours of Saturday morning, after Peter got in from a solo mission. He was exhausted and just wanted a shower, but he paused when he saw Tony in the kitchen. He looked down at his watch, then looked up at Tony again with a perplexed look.

"I need to pick up someone from the airport. I'll be back in a few hours, so get some sleep, kay kiddo?"

Peter nodded and trudged off to bed, falling asleep and planning on not waking up for at least a full twenty four hours.

His plans were interrupted, however, around six a.m. 

His first reaction was to be mad, but his second was to be curious, because that laugh was a new one and sounded (dare he say it?) very hot.

Reluctantly, and rather like a flopping fish, Peter crawled out of bed and pulled on a sweatshirt and sweatpants. He left his hair untamed, and it seized the opportunity to become curly and voluminous. 

He leaned against the wall as he made his way slowly down the hall. His eyes were mostly closed and he really didn't want to be up, but-

What was he up for again?

Ugh.

Exhaling slowly, he entered the living room and used his hands to find the couch, flopping onto it.

Why was it lumpy?

"Well, hello."

Peter's eyes flew open as he propelled himself backwards and onto the floor, meeting the gaze of some gorgeous being that he had just been laying on.

He wanted to say hi back, but his throat was way too messed up, so he just stared.

"No hello back, darling?"

Peter's eyes widened and Tony entered the room.

"Oh, that's Peter. Wasn't expecting you up so early, Pete. Anyway," Stark gestured at the boy on the couch, "That's Harley. He's from the south or whatever, wanted to catch up. I owe him big time from a while ago. You two are around the same age, I think."

This Harley dude spoke again. "And why is he not speaking to me?"

Tony tensed up a little, but Harley wouldn't have noticed. "Oh, he had a big speech and lost his voice. It'll be back before you leave though, probably."

Harley nodded and took out his phone, scrolling through some social media.

Peter couldn't be bothered to return to his room, so he just curled up on the floor and fell asleep again.

When his slumber was interrupted this time, the southern hot guy was in his face.

Peter let out a little squeak, and Harley laughed.

"Cute. Do you wanna go down to the labs? Tony had a meeting and I'm bored."

Nodding, Peter stood up and grabbed a blanket. He wrapped it around himself and began to waddle down to where the labs were, with Harley trailing after him.

"Are you alright? You seem really tired. I can just watch a movie if you want." Harley just sounded so concerned and sweet.

I am so freaking Gay, Peter thought, too tired to delve into the growing feelings he had for the smart, confident southern fella. He'd deal with it later, preferably after the boy was gone and his feelings could fade.

"I mean I'll take the compliment," Harley began, and Peter whirled around, realizing that he had said his thoughts out loud. "Also why the fuck is your voice so hot?"

Peter felt his cheeks flush. "Sorry, my voice gets like this sometimes."

Harley shook his head, "No, no, it's fine. It just caught me off guard- someone as cute and small as you has no business sounding so amazing."

Turning back around and hurrying off to the lab door, Peter began to become even more red. 

They worked in the lab for a little bit, with some flirting aimed at Peter but silence otherwise, only stopped by Tony walking in while Peter was taking a drink.

"Ah! I see you're getting along fine. How's it been?"

Harley put down whatever he was holding and looked Tony straight (although maybe that's not the right word to use) in the eye.

"Why have you been hiding this deep-voiced angel from me? If I keep staying here with him I might not be single anymore." Harley asked.

Peter choked on his drink as Tony raised an eyebrow.

"Getting along better than expected, I guess. Well, I'll leave you two alone now. Have fun, but not too much fun if you catch my drift!"

Peter went to hide in his sweatshirt as Harley stood up and walked over to him. 

"So, cutie pie," Harley started, leaning over and getting close to Peter's face, flustering him further. "Date night tonight?"

"Okay." Peter said, voice still deep and scratchy. "What are we doing?"

"Leave that to me, sweetie." Harley called out, leaving the lab.

Peter felt a smile form on his face, because oh boy, he was falling hard.

* * *

ok back to fluff i guess. 

also did that move too fast? i am not an expert in romance at ALL my dudes like srsly i fall in love over eye contact haha