Zoomer~

i can't find who requested this originally but oh well

AU where Pete's a speedster. No civil war, no thanos

im making this up as i go yall, don't expect a whole lot. 

* * *

While we all know and love the Peter Parker that has spider powers, this Peter Parker didn't. He was a speedster, instead. 

The way that he became a speedster doesn't particularly matter to this story, so you can imagine what you'd like. Struck by lightning? Sure. Genetic manipulation and discovery? I guess. Bitten by a radioactive roadrunner? ...

Whatever floats your boat, I suppose.

I'll cut to the chase, since my brain is spouting shakespearean lines and none of them particularly belong here.

Peter Parker, the resident New York speedster, was in trouble. 

Massive trouble, and it didn't look like he was getting out of it any time soon.

His limbs were tied together, which was really all that needed to be done to prevent escape, if you think about it. The restraints were heavy chains that clanked noisily every time Peter squirmed, apparently specifically designed to keep him down and out for the count. 

It had all started when Peter caught wind of a new villain, Vulture, who had been making and selling technology made out of alien substances with the help of his numerous followers. 

The teenage hero, with little to no thought about the value of his life, immediately began thinking of ways to figure out how to stop the new bad guy. 

* * *

a few days earlier

* * *

"Did you hear?" 

Peter turned to his left, where his best friend was sitting. "About the Vulture? Yeah."

Ned grinned. "So?"

"So what?"

"So, what are you going to do about it? Y'know, with being a zoomer and all."

Peter cracked a smile. "Don't you dare call me that. I am not calling myself a zoomer."

"Yeah, well, it's better than The Sporadic Speedster."

Peter rolled his eyes. "Anything is better than that, Ned, let's be real here. Who even came up with that name?"

They laughed a bit before the class started, but the idea had been planted in his head. He needed to come up with a plan.

That evening, and several others, on his nightly looks around New York, Peter came meetings between Vulture's employees and buyers. They were all super sketchy, and before long Peter had decided that he really needed to do something about it.

He had had a flawless plan, or so he had thought, but despite being able to find the warehouse where the operations were centered, he had been caught. It had all happened in a flash, he must've tripped over a trap or something, but before he knew it he had fallen and retrained.

So, now, he sat on the cold floor, very unhappy in his situation. 

No one had even turned up to greet him as their prisoner, which he thought was fairly rude, but then again, he could get kinda annoying.

Peter's mouth had been covered to avoid any screams for help that might've tried to alarm pedestrians on the street outside of the building, and by the time a few hours had gone by, he was losing hope.