Eenie, Meenie, Miney, Mo~

triggering? idk, but major oofs in this one so be warned.

also its got blood, death, and crying.....

* * *

"Face it, Stark. You've got no choice. I gave you an easy out, just some money in my bank account, but you didn't take it. Now, you're going to see the consequences. Choose."

Tony looked up from the grimy floor of some abandoned warehouse, suit dead and options scarce. Tears leaked out of his eyes, which were bloodshot. He held an arm close to his chest, certain that it was sprained. 

He was utterly and completely broken, in every way, and Adrian Toomes thought that it was the best thing he'd ever seen. 

To see a man, who in public was lifted high and in high esteem, kneeling in front of him, under his control, forced to do whatever he told him to? Well, he thought that was just swell.

Tony met his gaze, and he flinched at the cold look in his eyes. Toomes held a gun in one hand, and had no intention of putting it down. 

Tony heard the click of the safety being turned off.

"Please, I'll give you double the money, please, don't do this." Tony choked out, tears now streaming quickly. "Please, I'll do whatever you say, I'll hire you-" His voice broke. "Just.. please, don't do this."

He dropped his gaze to the floor, because he couldn't look at Toomes. Not with what he had with him.

"Eenie, Meenie, Miney, Mo. Who's gonna be the one to go?" Toomes mocked. "Maybe wifey, maybe son, either way, the fun's begun. Time to choose, Stark, or I'll choose for you."

"Me!" Tony cried, "Me, kill me, don't touch them."

Adrian turned to look at Peter and Pepper, both tied up and contained, gags covering their mouths. They were both crying, both so tired, both wishing that Stark would choose the other, secretly.

Secretly, of course. Peter would never openly voice how badly he wanted to live. To experience college, and all of the wild parties that he didn't even really want to go to, eventually propose to MJ (he had a ring- it was his uncle's), maybe have kids (a boy and a girl. May or Ben, and MJ would name the other). Inherit the company, visit the Empire State building one last time at sunset.

Secretly, of course. Pepper would never wish that upon the kid, but... she had just gotten to settle down with Tony. She'd made a breakthrough with knocking down the patriarchy and was about to donate the most amount of money to charity yet. She had just gotten started with building her family. She had just gotten the time to do everything she wanted to do.

"That kind of ruins the point, don't you think? If I want to break you, I can't just... kill you, now can I? No, no... Let's see what my little pets think."

Toomes stalked over to the two hostages, and yanked their gags down.

"Mr. Stark, just kill me and get it over with." Peter pleaded. "Don't worry about it, I already forgive you."

Peter, ever the realist. Kill him, Tony had known him for less time, had less of an emotional connection.

"Tony," Pepper whispered, before speaking up. "He still has his whole life ahead of him. I've lived mine. It's okay."

Pepper, ever the optimist. Let the kid experience his life, everything she already had and everything she would never get to.

"That's enough!" Adrian said brightly, securing the gags again. "Now, what's on death's menu? A little Pepper, a little Spider? Tell me, Stark, or I'll kill 'em both!"

That got Tony's attention.

Who should he choose? His wife, the woman who loved him unconditionally, even through his rough spots? The woman who stayed by his side, pregnant with his daughter?

Or maybe, the boy he thought of as his son. The boy who was so selfless, who saved the city and forgot about saving himself. The boy who had just gotten accepted into MIT.

Peter had a higher chance of surviving, but if he did this-

Tony lifted his head again, meeting Peter's eyes with a hidden apology. 

Peter knew what it meant. Peter always knew what was going on, because he loved Tony like a father, and made sure to know when he was hiding something. Of course Peter knew. Of course.

Peter was preparing himself, but there was no way to. There was no way to get ready for what was going to happen.

"Shoot Peter." Tony choked out, shutting his eyes tightly and flinching when he heard the shot go off.

When he opened them, Toomes was gone and Pepper was by his side.

Tony got up, and stumbled over to where Peter sat, eyes blank and a stream of red flowing into a puddle by the kid's feet.

"Peter?" Tony asked in a trembling voice, shaking.

Peter didn't answer.

Tony put a hand over Peter's heart, and another one on his wrist.

No pulse.

"Peter? Please, Peter, answer me!" Tony begged, voice breaking, untying Peter and holding him close.

Peter's hair wasn't messy like it usually was, the curls hung limply, damp with sweat and now, Tony's tears. The smell of copper filled the air, and Tony didn't move.

How could he? He had just killed his son.

The blood on his hands was that of a child who never made it to adulthood, the blood of a hero, the blood of Peter.

Oh, God- how was he going to explain this to May?

Tony smoothed the curls out of Peter's face. 

"Peter, please." He pleaded. "I didn't want to- I didn't-"

"Tony, we have to go." Pepper said, wiping her face and sounding just as heartbroken. "Tony."

Stark didn't move.

"Tony, we can't stay here."

He moved his gaze up to his wife. "Peter's dead."

"I know, but we need to get help. We could die. You need an ambulance."

So, Tony staggered to his feet, and stood for a moment, just looking and the blood that now covered his hands and legs. 

The blood of an innocent.

"We can come back for him." Pepper said softly, tugging Tony towards the door.

As they limped together, helping in their own way, Tony couldn't look back at what was behind them. He just couldn't- he couldn't bear it.

A dark warehouse, a dirt floor, the body of Peter Parker lying his own blood, never to smile again, never to geek out with his friends, never to go on another date with MJ, never to go to another AcaDec meeting-

Tony had already gone through this before, and Oh God- he was going to have to go through it again.

* * *

imsorry i made myself sad an almost cryyyy ahh ive gotta go to biologyyy