The handshake

Times when they used the handshake.

* * *

Peter walked into school, and immediately went to Ned. The weekend had just passed, and they were glad to see each other.

 "Hey, Ned." Peter greeted, holding out his hand.

 Ned took his hand, completing the ritual of the morning.  The handshake. "Hey bro, what did you do this weekend? Anything interesting?"

 Peter grinned. "Actually, I took a break. Nothing I needed my guy in the chair for."

At this point, Ned was beaming. " i still can't believe I'm Iron man's sidekick's sidekick! "

Peter groaned at this. "I'm not a sidekick, man!"

-

Algebra II. Quiz results . Hands were sweating, knees were knocking. Such drama, such dread in one room.

The teacher gave Ned his quiz. A 99%, which was the second-highest score in the class. 

Peter got his back. A 100, the highest score. Turning to Ned, they began the handshake. "Good job, dude!" Peter congratulated.

Laughing, Ned responded with, " not as good as you! Congrats, man. "

MJ looked over at the pair as they completed with finger guns. "Losers." She muttered endearingly.

-

Before lunch, Peter and Ned didn't have class together. So, as Peter sat down across from Ned, they proceeded to do a proper greeting. It was epic.

 "So annoying." MJ said, rolling her eyes.

 -

Literally, they could be passing each other in the halls and at The Look™ they would pause and do the handshake. 

-

It was after school, and Peter was at Ned's house to build legos. Every time they finished a build, guess what? Handshake.

-

 "Yo, look at that!" Ned exclaimed, pointing eagerly. Peter looked up, bewildered .

"What?" Peter questioned.

Ned pointed with such energy, Peter focused to find what Ned was pointing at.

There- it was Flash. And a girl? Oh. The girl was rejecting Flash. Again.

Handshake, because they weren't the only single people in the school. Or at least, Ned wasn't.

-

"Peter, you got this. Don't be nervous! Here, for good luck." Ned said, extending his hand.

Peter took it and started the handshake. After it, he approached MJ. Nervously, he began. "Hey MJ, want to go out sometime?"

MJ looked at him blankly. "Idiot, I'm already your girlfriend. Yes, I will go out with you."

Beaming , Peter slipped over to Ned. "I did it!" He said eagerly.

" I knew you had it in you. " Ned smiled.

-

Help I need more ideas!

Also I learned their handshake. :)