I... Forgot? (P2) ~

kindly requested by fandom_milkshake

sorry that it's a bit short

* * *

When Peter's senses calmed down and the painkillers wore off, Tony was reluctant to tell him what had happened. But, the cat was let out of the bag soon enough.

"Sorry Pete, but... they know."

"I beg your pardon??? Who?? Knows what??"

Tony sighed. "Bambi, don't make this difficult. Your classmates. You went haywire on meds and I might have let slip that you got stabbed-" At Peter's panicked look, he waved his hand. "Pep took care of it. Anyway, um, Ned refused to deal with any more of your crap, so your class is kinda going crazy with their lack of answers..."

He trailed off.

Peter shrugged. "It was gonna happen soon enough. It's okay, Dad."

Stark's eyes lit up. "We're keeping that?"

Laughing, Peter nodded. "We sure are."

~

Peter didn't sweat too much over returning to school, but he should have.

It began when Happy was supposed to drive him in an unassuming black car, but instead, Tony decided to take him. And Tony doesn't do subtle.

So, Peter rolled up to the curb in one of the fanciest cars that Tony owned. Tony was grinning, and rolled down the window to say goodbye to Peter.

"Bye, Pete! I'll see you at three."

Peter snorted. "Sure, Mr. Stark."

Tony gasped, "what was that? Did you call me Mr. Stark? I don't think so, Peter."

"Fine," Peter grumbled, "Bye, Dad."

"That's more like it."

Peter was left by himself outside of his school after Tony drove off. Ned had texted saying he'd be there in a bit, so Peter waited. 

When Ned arrived, he was giggling with excitement. "Dude, they've been asking for you constantly. I can't wait to see them go nuts." Them being the classmates, of course.

He opened the doors and Peter was immediately hit with a wall of sound. People asking questions, demanding answers, begging for some information. Peter winced.

"Get out of my face. I've got nothing to say right now except, get to class." Peter shouted over the chaos. 

Peter nearly sprinted to his first class, sighing at how nice the silence was. It didn't last long, it never does, and soon his classes began.

He fell into routine, of blocking the hordes of students asking him questions. Finally, at lunch, he had no choice but to answer some of them.

"So you're Spider-Man?"

Wow, they were blunt. Go big or go home, he guessed.

Peter hesitated, "Yes, but please don't let it leave this building." Then, he had an idea. "I will answer four more questions. Decide on a good one."

He got to shovel some food into his mouth and chat with Ned while the group of kids talked with each other. The cafeteria wasn't upping its game, unfortunately. 

"We have one." Abe announced, and Peter motioned for him to continue. "Is the internship real?"

Peter rolled his eyes. "Technically, no, but Spider-Man is and so is my relationship with the Avengers."

"Which is???"

"They're pretty much all my aunts and uncles, I guess. Dad lets me hang out in his labs, but I have my own-"

"DAD?????" The students yelled.

Calmly, Peter nodded. "Yes, he is my father figure."

"Why do you get such a good life?" Betty sighed. "And why are you suddenly so hot?"

Peter looked down at his wrist, mimicking a watch. "Oh, look at that, that's five questions, one over what I allowed. I gotta get to... uh, I need to be on time for a super top-secret Avengers meeting. Bye, I guess. Ned, MJ, you coming?"

Despite much protesting, the trio left the cafeteria and fled the school building. The teachers couldn't find the strength to care.

~

Peter was out on Patrol later that night when he twisted his ankle wrong trying to fight a few muggers. He grunted, and could feel his old stab wound hurting again. 

He quickly wrapped that up, and started to limp back to the tower when Karen spoke up.

"MJ would like me to tell you to get to the nearest PPPS headquarters. I have lit up a map of places to go."

"The what?"

"The Peter Parker Protection Squad. Now, please proceed to the highlighted route."

Peter reluctantly took a left, then kept following Karen's instructions. He found himself at a house, and when the door opened, he saw Flash Thompson.

Peter narrowed his eyes in his mask, holding where his stab wound was supposedly healed up. It hurt, and so did his ankle.

Flash chuckled nervously. "Well, Spider-Man, I'm not great at first aid but some people are coming over to help. Want to come in?"

Against his better judgement, he did.

Soon, MJ, Ned, and Betty Brant showed up, each one with a first aid kit. MJ's Mom was a nurse, so she knew basics, Ned was there for emotional support, and Betty had twisted her ankle once and knew what to do. 

Together, they fixed Peter enough to go back to the tower and avoid Tony's worried fawning. 

Plus, Flash had apologized for being a bit of a jerk towards Peter, calling him names and whatnot. Peter accepted it, and returned to the tower with a spring in his step.

~

"What's up with you, Bambino?" Tony asked skeptically, watching Peter bounce around.

"It's just nice to know that I have people watching my back." Peter said, grinning.

And they did. Every time that Peter got hurt, he'd go to someone's house and others would come over to help. It helped keep Tony a little less worried, and Peter got to have more friends.

not that he needed more, but it was nice to not be a loner anymore. Ned was his best friend, though, and soon MJ got promoted from friend to girlfriend.

Most days Peter went about his days with a smile on his face and a skip in his step. Tony and Happy would alternate days for picking him up, and he really liked it.

Plus, Peter got a dad out of this so... who was the real winner here?

* * *
Im getting on a regular update schedule... Got lots of stuff to be posted. See ya Wednesday