Are You Ready For The Truth?~

i was watching tubbo and tommy stream while writing this so its not too angsty

THATonedude08

* * *

Truth serum? What could go wrong, besides exposing everything that had even happened to him and the horrible thing that is his reality?

Peter wasn't looking forward to this, to be honest, but who could blame him? He was tied up, held captive, and threatened with truth serum, all before nine A.M.

No one should even be up before nine A.M, and here he was, on a full on mission to some sketchy warehouse, only to be ambushed and captured.

His eyes were blank, head leaned back despite how his suit itched. "This is more boring than AP Calculus." He groaned, turning to look at one of the henchmen that was guarding him.

"Shut up." The guy responded, clearly annoyed. "Do you ever shut your mouth?"

"Nine out of ten surveys say no!" Peter sang, "Why, is it getting on your nerves or something? Kinda wack."

"God, be quiet!" the guard hissed.

Then, the large double doors across the room slammed open and yet another man walked in.

"Wow, no women employees? Where's your sense of good?" Peter asked, before a harsh look was tossed in his direction and he decided to refrain from speaking for once.

"Do you know what a truth serum is, Spider-Man?" The Man asked, standing in front of Peter, arms behind his back.

"I know people who've had experiences with it." He admitted, "Why? You got any?"

The main baddie smiled, a grin that was unsettling and made Peter frown behind his mask. "Why, yes, little arachnid. Yes, I do. What Avengers secrets do you know?"

"To be completely honest," Peter laughed nervously, "None. They don't trust me that much, yappy mouth and all."

"Understandable," allowed the villain, "but it's a shame that you're lying."

Peter tried to look as convincing as possible. "I'm not! Really, I wouldn't lie. No use for that handy dandy truth serum you've got. You can just stash it away."

The man laughed. "You make a good point, but you buddies are on their way here and we need as many answers out of you that we can get before they get here. So," He waved a hand and someone brought in a syringe with a large needle, "get ready to spill."

It was painful, yes, but not as painful as it could have been, he supposed. Peter didn't have any first hand experience with it, so he couldn't say if it was bad compared to other truth serum injections.

It did make him feel funny, though. Almost... happy, in a way. 

That was odd, though. He didn't like that feeling. It felt wrong, because after so long of faking how he felt, being truly happy was a foreign emotion.

"Why does it feel wrong?" Peter asked, tongue feeling heavy in his mouth.

"It shouldn't. Now, what is Captain America's greatest weakness?"

Peter stuck out his bottom lip. "Hmm, that's good one. I know he likes drawing..." He trailed off for a moment before gasping. "Oh, I know! I bet it's Bucky."

The men around Peter exchanged glances.

Suddenly, the alarms went off. Still, the criminals stayed pressing Peter for answers.

"Well, then what's the Winter's Soldier's greatest weakness?" 

"Cupcakes." Peter said. "He likes vanilla with cream cheese frosting."

The air grew tense as the men grew impatient.

"What's your name?"

"I am Spider-Man. I thought you knew that, haha."

"What is your secret identity?"

Everything in Peter was screaming at him to say 'Peter Parker', but he didn't want to. He wanted to go home. He struggled, but he stayed quiet. 

"Well? I haven't got all day." Said the man, speaking over the alarms.

Still, Peter fought himself and stayed quiet. He'd fought his inner demons constantly for a few years, so this was nothing.

"Nothing? We gotta move on then. What is Iron Man's weakness?"

The door burst down and in the empty doorway, stood Tony.

"Get away from my kid." He growled, pointing his blasters at the men as the other Avengers filed in and captured them.

* * *

time skip to the plane ride back

* * *

"Are you alright, Peter?" Tony asked, looking over at the boy who was slouched in his seat, looking sad.

Peter's eyes moved over to his mentor's. "Nah."

"NO? What's wrong?"

Peter rolled off of his chair and flopped on the floor sideways. "I hurt."

"Where? Where do you hurt, and why are you talking so weird?"

"They gave me a truth serum and now I must face my inner feelings. I don't like it, I hurt in my heart." 

"So you're okay? Physically?" Tony fretted.

"Well, yes, but actually no."

"Then tell me what's wrong!"

Peter rolled over onto his back. "Remember Homecoming?"

"Yeah, why?"

With the intensity of a mad teacher, Peter looked at Tony. "Building fell, and it kinda effed me up, tbh, even without mentioning emotionally."

"A building fell on you, and I didn't hear about it?"

Peter laughed. "No, because my motto is 'why tell people about it when you could keep it to yourself and die inside while everyone thinks your fine but you're really not, so everyone keeps going on as normal but you're utterly spent and have no hope for your future because the leaders of my country have got no idea what they're doing and you really just want to cry but at the same time you really don't, so you hold it in until the last minute when you're bursting and cry to yourself for like an hour before you fall asleep with a headache from crying and then you go to school the next day like nothing happened and everyone just believes it, like I know they're idiots but Jesus Christ can they not see how I am literally dying inside and wishing each day that I die instead of waking up, and I've got literally no free time because I'm doing nothing but school and saving all the people from their own choices. Also my parents are dead and I have nearly died and actually died before.' Mood amiright?"

Peter looked over at Tony who was just looking at him, concerned.

"What?" Tony asked again, "Peter, have you just been completely miserable and you haven't told me, or anyone?"

"Pretty much. Can I have a hug?"

"Yes," Tony nearly cried. "Yes, you can have a hug."

* * *