fred weasley : accident (part two)

(Y/N) groaned, even just opening her eyes was a struggle as she took in a sharp breath, feeling a sharp pain shoot up her spine. When she was finally able to open her eyes there was a sea of people surrounding her.

To the left she could see McGonagall, Dumbledore, Madam Hooch and Madam Pomfrey, all four were bickering as telling everyone else to quiet down.

While to her right she could see most of her team - Oliver standing in front of the rest, Harry, Katie, Alicia, George - who all were asking her loads of questions, each talking over one another.

Then at the end of the bed was Fred, standing with his hands pressed to the bottom frame, his head hung and his eyes barley looking up at her. His hands were wrapped around the bed frame so tight that his knuckles were white and his jaw was clenched so tight his muscles contracted.

"Quiet!" McGonagall yelled out, waving her hands in the air to silence everyone. "Let the poor girl speak." With that everyone in the room grew silence, taking at least a single step back from the bed but kept their eyes still fixed on (Y/N).

(Y/N) let out a soft groan, when she tried to move to sit up there was another shot of pain up her side, which caused her to let out a sharp hiss. When she finally was sat up, with some help of Madam Pomfrey and Oliver who had hooked their hands under her up to help her, (Y/N) tried to smile.

"How are you feeling?" Madam Pomfrey asked, resting her hand on (Y/N)'s forehead.

(Y/N) groaned, wrapping an arm around her middle to where there was clear pain. "Like I just fell from the top of the Quidditch pitch, what happened?" She asked, looking around the room.

Both Fred and George grew quiet, drawn their gaze to their feet. "You got hit by a bludger." Oliver answered, looking between the twins before cleaning his throat and continuing. "I'm not entirely sure what happened before." He said, growing quiet himself.

Fred spoke next, "It was my fault." He didn't look up from his feet when he spoke. "I wasn't- I was watching Harry because he was getting close to the snitch and I- I wasn't paying attention" Fred explained, his voice obviously strained.

(Y/N) nodded, "Ok." She said, shrugged despite the pain. Her attention then drew to Madam Pomfrey, "How long till I'm all set to play again?" (Y/N) asked, earning her a grin from Oliver but a glare from everyone else.

"I think it would be best if we play that by ear, let you get some rest first." She said, looking around at the large amount of people in the room. "Which means we should all get going, leave miss (Y/N) to rest."

With that everyone began saying goodbye to (Y/N), wishing her the best and telling her that they would be by to see her again. (Y/N) smiled at all of them, waving to all of her teammates and thanking each of the professors for all of their help.

"Wait Freddie!" She called to him, her voice barley above her regular tone, as he walked off with George. (Y/N) was able to catch his attention, waving him closer to her.

When he froze, feeling nerves over come him, George shoved his twin in her direction.

"Hey." Fred whispered, taking a seat next to (Y/N).

It was obvious to (Y/N) that Fred was upset, and she hated seeing him like this. The long face didn't suit him well, (Y/N) much more preferred him with his head tossed back and a vibrant smile across his face while he laughed. He was still dressed in his Quidditch uniform, poor boy probably couldn't bring himself to change or ran right here after the match.

"Are you alright?" (Y/N) asked him, reaching her hand out and lacing her fingers with his.

Fred let out a scuff and shook his head, "You get hit by a bludger and you ask me if I'm alright." A grim look over took his face, his eyes narrowed at their hands.

(Y/N) rolled her eyes, "I meant emotionally Freddie." She told him, "Seriously what's up with up you - no smile, no laugh - not even a knock knock joke."

With this one side of Freds lips pulled up, before he swallowed and his face turned back to the guilty look he had been wearing before. "I'm really sorry." He told her, his voice quiet as if he we afraid to speak any louder to her.

(Y/N) narrowed her eyes at him, "For what Freddie?" She asked, confusion running over her.

This time Fred look shocked, "Are you kidding me (Y/N)? If I had been paying just even a little bit of attention. I mean come on it's literally my job to-"

"Fred."

"Make sure you guys don't get hit with the bludgers! I should know better than to take my eyes off of-"

"Fred."

"You guys. I mean especially you (Y/N). I mean- I-"

"Freddie." After the third call and the use of his nickname, Fred finally stopped rambling, looking back at up (Y/N). Now his eyes were glossy as he looked at her, guilt over taking him once again.

"I didn't mean to ramble." He mumbled. "Oh get you hurt."

"Freddie stop." She squeezed his hand. "It was an accident alright, it's not like you meant for me to get hurt." (Y/N) explained to him, "Sure it sucks right now but I'm going to be fine."

He nodded and let his eyes fall onto hers. Truth be told he had never experienced such anxiety as he had as she had fallen off of her broom, he had let out a blood curdling scream before diving down in attempt to catch her. Unfortunately he had been just a few seconds too late.

"I'm glad you're alright." Fred exclaimed, then he let out his own soft laugh. "I'm not sure what I would have done if you-"

"I'm fine." She told him, not wanting him to say what they were both thinking.

He nodded in response to her, understanding that the last thing either one of them needed was to hear what he had been planning to say. Fred's eyes fell on their hands, a soft smile over taking his lips at the sight. He felt bad for finding this so enjoyable, they were just supposed to be friends; but Fred couldn't ignore the flutter in his chest when she smiled or laughed one of his jokes or when she called him name.

(Y/N) smiled at Fred, running her thumb over the top of his hand. "You don't have to stay you know, go catch up with George and the rest of the team." She encouraged him, slipping her hand from his.

Fred shook his head, "No." Quickly he reached to grab her hand, lacing his fingers with hers again. "I'd rather stay here with you, keep you company."

~~~~~~
a/n
word count : 1197