Canada

I squint my eyes open because of the sun shinning through. I feel arms around my waist, I'm not in my bed. I look down to see a beautiful Mal sleeping on my chest. My phone dings, and I move to grab it. It wakes Mal up, she stirs awake.

"Oh crap" were her first words once she notices whos in the same bed as her. Preath is going to be so mad at me.

"Alex is going to kill me"

I chuckle at her comment, and her state of worry. I finally reach over and grab my phone to check my these messages I received last night.

Derek: Don't be mad but I told coach you changed your mind

I put my phone away, and I lay back down against the pillow. After awhile of us laying down, and talking about endless things. Made me forget about what Derek did. We know we have to get up eventually, it's game day. Kelly comes back into the room and takes a look at the beds. She throws me a smirk, and I shake my head lightly at her. I grab my phone and keycard.

"See you girls later" I tell them and I make my way out the door to my moms room. I walk in, and I see Ali and my mom getting ready. I jump on the bed, my mom comes over and kisses my forehead.

"You look upset" she tells me pushing the hair out of my face.

"Derek told coach that I changed my mind."

"He did what!?"

"Alright I'm call your dad, so he can talk to the coach" my mom says in a irritated voice. I grab her hand slightly, and she stops to look at me.

"Don't mom, I got this." She nods and she hangs up on dad. The rest of the time, we get ready and head down to breakfast. I sit with the girls my age in the meantime of our meal until they start

Time skip

I'm on the sidelines watching my mom play in person for the first time in a USA game. The hype, was so much bigger then the actual game. You can hear the passion behind the cheers. I look around, to see little girls wearing #13 jerseys and pink headbands. If I had ever gone to a game at the age, and before I met my mom, I'd be one of those girls too. In the 30th minute, my mom makes a goal. I jump off my seat and cheer for her. She looks to the sidelines where I am and blows a kiss. I lift my arm and catch it, hopefully not everyone noticed because we haven't told the public. She was then hugged by her teammates, her smile never left.

The game ended as a draw, my mom the only one who scored for the US. I go down the stairs and meet the team in the locker room. No one's happy about the draw but it's better than actually losing to Canada.

Time skip

We're in the hotel room. I'm chilling on the bed doing the homework I still have left. We leave today in the afternoom, so they can have recovery before we all go back to our states. Rose, Sonnett, Sam, Lindsey, and Mal snatched my phone and put their numbers in.

"You better text us.. like everyday" Lindsey tells me punching my shoulder in a friendly manner, making all the othe girls agree. They leave the room to go to recovery, Mal staying behind.

"I'm going to miss you" she tells me and she pulls me in for a hug. I feel good in her arms, better then I do in Derek's. When she pulls away, she cups my face making our eyes connect.

"I wish you luck on your tryouts, and I'll be waiting for your birthday" she tells me and kisses my cheek. She gets up, and leaves the room. I pack my things up, and I wait for my mom to come back with Ali.

"We're gonna miss you kid" Rapinoe tells me ruffling my hair. A few of us still at the airport waiting for our planes. When ours is called, We board. I sit between my mom and Ali. Knowing it'll be a while, I put my headphones in and lay my head on my moms shoulder. I'll be back at school tomorrow, not excited whatsoever. Hopefully I'll still have my try out despite what Derek told coach. I also can't wait to see dad, and Blue.

Short, quick chapter because I was working more on the next chapter, and you'll see why.