Not Just About Soccer

"At least we can tell you guys apart"

I look at my sister, and she looks at me. We shrug, nodding.

"On a good day where I'm wearing shorts. It's easier" I tell the group as we take our seats with them at the table. Sonnett looks at me confused, and then she realizes what I mean.

"Right! Your robot leg!" She shouts, and everyone turns to look at us. Kelly walks over and smacks Sonny on the side of the head.

"Oww, gee.. I'm sorry Adrian, I didn't-"

"It's all good dude. I've gotten use to it. No biggy" it didn't necessarily bother me, the way she said it was kinda off though. It didn't sound like she didn't say it innocently. It's fine though, Sonnett never means any harm. I look over to Kaydence, who is gripping her fork and glaring hard at Sonny.

"Anyway" I turn to Kaydence to get her attention, which I do. She relaxes a little. "I'm excited to play with you guys, and you better not go easy on me"

"Never Baby" Mal responds, making our table chuckle.

.....................................

"Mom!"

"Yes!?"

"Kaydence stole my leg!"

"Kaydence Honey, please give your sister her leg back" she tells her. Kaydence moves it towards me, and just when I'm reaching for it she moves it from my grasp. Mom's in the bathroom getting ready, while Kaydence messes with me. We hear mom gathering her things, which makes Kaydence bolt out the hotel room with my leg.

"Hey you ready?" mom comes to my side, and then notices my leg still missing. She walks out the door and into the hallway.

"Kaydence!"

Time Skip..

"How do you manage 2 kids Alex?"

"Oh uh.. about that"

Everyone listening stops in their tracks. Giving mom undivided attention.

"I have 4 kids in total"

"What?!"

On cue, my phone rings. Dad's requesting a facetime. Great timing dad. I answer it, and he appears with the bros.

"Sup pops, and the losers" and my brothers snicker at me while my dad shakes his head chuckling. My mom and sister come to my side as soon as I said it.

"Hey other half of the Carrasco Family!" Kaydence yells and everyone comes over to see. We all chat, and let the girls get to know the boys while I start a quick little therapy with my thigh and part of my calf I still have. When it's time for practice, I'm given back my phone. I put it in my bag, and start warming up with the team. While Kaydence chills on the bench watching us.

"Carrasco!"

"Yeah coach?"

"We're going to do a fitness test with you, to see where you are. Go with Dawn" she instructs me, and I follow with Dawn to the otherside of the feild. Her and a couple of other trainers come with us. They start setting up equipment, and Dawn discusses some things with me.

Alex PoV

It's been an hour, and we've finally got to our break. I advert my attention to the other side of the field, watching Adrian sprint. I hope she doesn't push herself to much, I worry about her leg.

"Hey she'll be fine" Ali tells me walking up to me. I nod, giving her a weak smile. I'm a mom, we worry. I walk to the bench, taking a spot next to Kaydence. Hey goalkeeping is sorta similar to what she does, I get up and walk to a reasonable distance.

"Kaydence!" She looks over to me, I motion to her to come over here.

"Stand right there" I point to the spot, and she stands there confused.

"Sammy! Lyssa!" I shout to my teammates Sam Mewis and Alyssa Neaher, since their  tall and built, also Alyssa can hurddle a ball to great distance. She could be a good training buddy right now. I grab a soccer ball as they jog over to us.

"What's up?"

"Spot Kaydence?" I tell Sam, and I hand Alyssa the ball. She gets the idea. I get in position.

"Ready Kaydence?" I turn around to make sure she's aware about what's about to happen. She nods, and Alyssa tells her to go long. Sam and I turn and run towards her, as she sprints looking up and she quickly changes her run, swiftly running left. Catching me off guard, Sam running towards her. Practically hovering over her, and Kaydence picks up her speed. Sam loses her pace. Kaydence stops, and she shouts happily, then slams the ball on the ground. My teammates clapping and cheering. I know she can be bored watching us, she just wants to play football.