University

"So there's 2 of you?!"

"Yeah my two amazing girls" Mom wraps her hands around our shoulders pulling us to her. Everyone still shocked to see us.

"That's crazy"

"Yeah now sit around and get to know my cool sister" I tell them, giving my sister Kaydence the spot to talk. Everyone takes a seat, and my sister shares stuff. The team already loves her, and looks at her like she's already considered a niece. I take this opportunity to talk to my mom. I pull her out of the room, and into the hallway.

"What's wrong?"

"I have to tell you something mom" she looks at me worried.

"You know how I've been playing with the league?" She nods, and ushers me to continue "well there were certain scouts talking to coach, cause they know him and stuff. So they talked to him, they told him to encourage me to play for my high school team."

"Well do you want too?" She asks me, and I nod.

"That's not all, So I've already been receiving calls. Stanford, UNC, Duke and Santa Clara." I tell her and her eyes widen.

"But not Berkeley" I finish. She grabs me by the shoulders.

"Honey, play wherever you want. I don't care what college it is, as long as you want to play there. This is your future, not mine okay? And no matter, I'll be cheering for you. Wearing the same colors as you, because you matter more baby" She tells me bring me into a hug. I wrap my arms around her back. She rubs my back gently.

"We just have to convince that freakin coach, I can't believe he won't let you play because of your leg" she says frustrated. The boys soccer team has a new coach, he's sexist and discouraged me about my leg. Dad was pretty pissed off, and my siblings where. You could imagine how it went down, with my parents. It hurt, and yeah it brought my mood down for a while but luckily I have amazing parents who weren't going to let me, give up on myself and what I love. Just because some guy who thinks he knows it all doesn't want me playing.

"Thanks Mom, and If I'm being honest.. I've already chosen where I want to go.. and I hope you don't get mad. I went to Tobin, Kelly, Chris, and Julie. Since they went to those three schools that have been keeping in touch with me"

"I'm not mad honey, so where did you choose?"

"University of North Carolina"

....................................

"No fuckin way, you play Football?!"

"Um language" Mom tells her teammates. As we walk back into the room. My sister is pretty dang cool, I walk over to her and side hug her.

"I just noticed, so Kaydence plays football but dresses girly. Adrian plays soccer, and dresses tomboyish" Sonnett points out, and everyone hums in agreement.

"Yeah that's my baby sister" I tell the team. My mom face palms

"Here we go" she shakes her head, and the team looks at her confused.

"I was born first" Kaydence speaks up, she unwraps my own hand from her shoulder.

"No I was" I tell her back.

"Been there" Alyssa speaks up, making everyone else laugh.

..................................

"Hey sis you still up?"

"Yeah what's up" I whisper back. One of us had to share a bed with mom. Luckily it was Kaydence, cause mom moves a lot and steals the covers of the bed. Mom's asleep, and it's 12 in the morning.

"We got pretty lucky huh"

"Yeah we did."

"I have to tell you something" she tells me, and I hope nothing but good news.

"Stanford wants me to play for them"

I don't know how to feel with the news because I just got her and now we'll be far away from each other once again. I can't be selfish, but man I really wanted to go somewhere together. I have an option, I could go to Stanford, but my hearts with UNC.

"Hey Adrian"

I pretended to be sleepy "hmm? Yeah I'm so proud of you sis, congratulations" I tell her mumbley.

"Maybe we can go to Stanford together, The Carrasco Girls dominating in Stanford but anyway goodnight baby sis" she tells me chuckling. She must really hope I'd choose Stanford. She said it happily, and here I am.. choosing UNC but.. great now I'm need to talk to the girls again.

"Goodnight baby sis"

"We'll always be together now" she whispers falling asleep. That crushed me.