Noogies & The Office

"She has intermittent asthma" They explain to my mom, as I lay on a table. Dawn and other ATs were quick to my side. They called the ambulance, so the EMTs could use the nebulizers. Shutting out the conversation going on with my parents and Dawn. My mind wanders to a certain someone, and no.. it's not Mal.

As non blood related family, were now able to come in. SHE was the first one at the door.

"You nearly gave us a scare" she playfully punches my shoulder. I grin up to her as she leans in the table to look at me. She smiles back, shaking her head at me because I don't seem to take it so serious. I am, it's just she makes me smile..

"Didn't know you cared so much about me Blondie" I tease her, and she scoffs.

"As if, Sonnett was really worried about you and she didn't have the guts to come in here to see the damage."

"Hmm I'm sure that's why you're here" we start giggling, before we can continue our moment. Others come in, and what do you know? So does Sonnett. She hangs her head in utter defeat as Sonnett starts being.. well Saucy. I smirk at the blonde in front of me as she lightly pushes my chest down.

"How do you feel kiddo?" Chris asks me as she runs her fingers through my hair

"Great, I want to get back out and play but they told me I need to rest" I tell her, and everyone else nods.

"You'll be megging people before you know it" Tobin tells me as she brings me into a noogie. Once she pulls away, the team starts laughing. I glare at her plaufully as I fix my hair, my mom chuckles walking my way to help me fix my hair. Everytime I'm with her, she finds some type of excuse to baby me. I'm not bothered by it though, seeing as I hardly see her.

"Alright hun, let's get you back to the bus" Mom tells me as she holds her arm out to help me, as I grab it. She helps me off the table, I grab my cleats. Everyone falls out with us, blondie and Sonnett walking with me. Blondie specifically next to me, as we glance at each other from time to time. Our fingers lightly brushing when we bump into each other.

Going on the bus, I take a seat next to Sonny. We're surrounded by the youngsters, Mal being in front of me with Sam surprisesly. While Lindsey and Rose sit behind us. My mom shoots me a small smile my way as she takes her seat with Allie.

"Seeing anyone Servlex baby?" Kelly asks me from her seat, aisle only separating us. Everyone around us giving undivided attention, and I chuckle

"It's complicated"

I give blondie an "I'm sorry" look, she looks away from me.

"Oooh is it preath baby?" Kelly whispers but it was pretty loud, everyone could see Preath turn around instantly. They eye me like a vulture, waiting for my answers.

"Nope" I tell them, and I look to Blondie. Who was no longer ignoring me

.........................................................

"Don't get me wrong.. this feels amazing but sorta wrong.."

"Thought you wanted this too?"

"I do, believe me. I just feel wrong doing this without her knowing or being okay with this. She's my best friend Adrian"

"I was worried this was going to happen" I tell her as I pull away from her grasp, getting up to turn the TV off. She gets up quickly, making her way to me.

"Stop, look at me" she grabs my face, I look into her shiny green eyes. "I know what your thinking, and I'm not her Adrian. I like you, like crazy like you but it feels wrong not telling her. Just.. let me find the right time to tell her. So let's keep this on the low.. alright?" I nod agreeingly because I care about her. Caring about her means caring about what she does, and supporting her. She's been there for me since the time it happened, making sure I was okay. I never thought I'd fall for her, I mean she was just a friend to begin with. Until she started showing me who she was, and I realized how special she really was. She became the reason for smile in the morning, and before I went to bed. That smile I would get teased by teammates, was her. During uneasy times, she always knew how to make me smile without her knowing the affect she caused me. Even being 3,000 miles away from me, she filled most of that empty box of loneliness.