Grenade

"Hey Adrian we're heading out!"

I grab my phone and keys, and I follow my teammate out the door. We're going for a celebratory drink tonight, I've gotten into the National Team. It's been hard though, balancing both with D1 and the National team, plus work. Luckily UNC has been very supportive, and all about it. We have the World Cup coming up next year, and I'll be playing with my mom. It's been a weird transition for sure. My mom doesn't bother me with soccer though, she's seen me handling it on my own. Some days I'll be with Dawn, for physical therapy.. my mom gets worried. Nonetheless I miss my mom, Dad, and my siblings. I miss Kaydence, wondering how she is right now, she passed her class. She even sent me a picture of her German Shepherd Bucky, they are currently at an Afganistan base. I don't think about it to much because it worries me, wondering what they have her doing there.

"Maybe you'll get laid tonight!"

You're probably wondering, what happened between Mal and I?

Flashback

"What am I suppose to do?!"

"Oh I don't know Mal.. hmm.. tell him you aren't available." I tell her in a disappointing tone in my voice, Dansby somehow crawled into Mal's life. He got her to like him, and it made her question our relationship.

"I did that? What more did you want me to do?!" Fight for us.

"Really?"

End of Flashback

So yeah, a lot of disappointment, led to certain complications with the team. Even more so now, because I'm now a part of it. Do I miss Mal? Of course I do, and I hate myself for it. She's moved on, and I'm still here.. partying and going out to get her out of my head. It doesn't work however, because at the end of the night despite how many girls throw themselves at me.. I go home alone. If you're also wondering if I drink? I don't, only because I don't want to get into trouble. I know what you're thinking, I'm a party pooper right? You maybe right but I just don't want anything to jeopardize my career and my mom's reputation.

Now arriving at the bar, they walk to an empty booth, and I make my way to the bar.

"The usual?" John, a bartender I met here. He's usually the guy I end my night with before I leave. He's nice, and he doesn't ask to much about my life. Just the simple talks, which is nice. He hands me the club soda, I usually get. Like always, I pull my phone out to dial a number.

Wait for it to ring.

"I'm happy you called me, I was just thinking about you" her beautiful voice brings my stress into calmness. I don't have to worry about anything when I hear it.

"I'm happy to hear your voice"

..........................................................

"Come on Bucky, they're counting on us" I tell him as I ruffle his hair. He starts sniffing through the cabinets, and corners. I have good 4 men behind me as we raid through this house. The man of the house, is talking in his native language sounding a bit pissed off at the moment.

"Get him to be quiet!" I tell them as I move the dog around the room, they start yelling at the man. You may think that it isn't necessary to yell but no one here that isn't from the army is trustworthy. We have to treat everyone the same.. even children.

.............................................................

"Hey Al, I'm sure they're okay"

"No Ash.. I know my kids. Adrian's depressed, Kaydence doesn't talk a lot.. Jake has gotten a little more rebellious. Serv caught him smoking weed the other day, and he starting to get into illegal Street races. Brandon has been good, never causing any trouble" Servando comes home every now and then, considering he now plays for LA Galaxy. Normally it's just Brandon and I.

Currently at the Krashlyn household.

"Adrian probably feels alone and heart broken, Mal practically left her. Kaydence has probably been broken down like a wild horse. Jake strayed off the initiated path but just help him help himself back on." Ali tells me pulling me in for a hug, I come to them when I need some advice or something. This isn't really how I'd imagined my life to be, my three kids that I barley met not even 3 years ago are grown up and having problems of their own. One of them seems to be learning from the older ones, and just sticking by myside.

"I talked with Kaydence yesterday.. she's been working for the last 2 days, no sleep. She said she's hoping on getting sleep today but her chances are low." Kaydence doesn't tell us what her job is because she said she doesn't want to worry us which only makes us worry more. I'd get an occasional call or letter here and there. I miss my kids like crazy, especially my two girls. Servando and I are planning on trying to have a baby after the world cup next year, we thought I'd be the best chance. We haven't really mention that to the kids, because why would they want to know their parents are getting it on currently.

"How do you feel about Adrian playing at the world cup? It seems like you're not as into her soccer career as we thought you would be" my attention on playing with my hands, that's turned into a habit when I'm stressed. I look up to meet Ash's eyes.

"I just saw some comments a few months back.. and they weren't very nice. I had sort of a feeling that maybe Adrian has seen them.. about her not living up to my legacy simply because she's not biologically my daughter and I just want her to make a name for herself. Not just Alex Morgan's daughter but Adrian Carrasco, better player then her mom."

Ali and Ash, both look at me with sympathy.

"We kind of figured that she would get a lot of the pressure amongst the kids considering she was the only one to persue soccer but you know she can handle it." Ali tells me encouraging, handing me a cup of tea. I grab it, silently thanking her. While it may be true, Adrian is one tough cookie to crack but she hold things in. I've seen her anger issues escalade but when I touch the matter of the subject to her.. she closes me off completely.

"For now she is.. but like a grenade.. once the triggers off, it'll explode."