Preath

It's about 8 in the morning on this fine Saturday. I sit up, and turn my body around to the side of my bed. I stretch over to grab my prosthetic leg. It ends up falling over. I get up on one leg, and I hold on to the table. I bend down slowly to grab it, when it's in my hand I retrieve back to the bed. I put my sock on, and then the prosthetic and straps. I get up and walk over to my closet to change into something decent but comfortable. It's been a couple of weeks now, and I've been working a lot on exercises and running. I don't run a lot right now because they don't want to jump onto it quickly.

I walk downstairs to the living room, the house has been surprisingly quiet. Usually my parents have music on or the TV, and their in the kitchen making some type of healthy meal but Nope. No noise being made. I feel something brush against me, I turn around slightly.

"Blue!" I bend down, and pet him. His tail starts to wiggle, as he nudges his head more into my hand. I get up, and he walks to the back porch. I follow him outside, and I see my parents chilling by the pool. I see my dad looking at his phone while my mom speaks to someone on the phone. I walk over to my dad's pool chair.

"Morning" I tell them, and I sit in the small space my dad has on the chair.

"Hey kiddo" my dad wraps his arm around my shoulder, and scoots slightly over to give me more room. My mom's so into her phone, she waved at me. Well at least I was given attention.

"Who's mom talking too?"

"You'll see" he tells me mechiviously smiling at me. After my dad and I just sit back, and listen to my mom. Blue jumps onto our lap, and lays down. This is a nice Saturday morning with my first and final family. When my mom gets off the phone, she looks over to us.

"Tobin and Christen adopted, and really wanted the team to meet her. So they're bringing her to our next camp. They really want you guys to meet, maybe she'll be your new best friend."

"Oh crap! Really? That's awesome. Yeah I'd love to meet her!" Excited to meet the newly adopted Preath kid.

My mom smiles " alright kiddo, now it's time for your morning exercises. I made you your favorite pancakes" she gets up and comes over to my side. She kisses my forehead before walking back inside. I look to my dad, he pulls me in farther into him with his arm. I hug him blissfully. Despite everything's that's happen, I'm really happy. Blue jumps off, my dad gets up. He lends me a hand, and I take it. Let the day begin.

Time skip

"Hey!" Christen greets me with a hug, I hug her back. Tobin pops out of the room, walks over and bear hugs both of us. We pull away, and I see a very beautiful girl standing in front of us. She smiles at me, and back to her new parents.

"Hi! I'm Brooke" she tells me happily, and she brings me into a hug. A hugger I see. She's shorter then me, cute. Wait no Adrian, you have someone. You just met this girl. No catching feelings for the Preath baby. We pull away, and I finally tell her who I am. Tobin, and Christen left us.

"My moms told me so much about you, they called you the Servlex baby?" She tells me questioning at the end. We're walking to the lobby.

"My parents ship name" she nods smiling. She may not be biologically a Preath baby but she definitely carries the Tobin chill posture but Christens smiley self.

"You have a cute brooding face" she tells me, poking my cheek,breaking the 10 second silence we had. I chuckle

"I'm brooding?" I question, slightly lifting my eyebrow.

"Maybe unless your thinking about something?"

"Just thinking about my girl, she should be getting here soon" I tell her. Her posture seems to change, anyone could notice it. She nods but smiles at me lovingly. On cue as if Mal just knew. She comes in, and drops her luggage. She runs to me, and jumps on to my arms.

"I missed you baby" she whisper yells, and I hug her tighter. I put her down gently, and she fixes her shirt. She turns to Brooke.

"Oh hi, sorry. Friend of Adrian's?" Mal asks her, and stretches her hand out to shake Brooke's. They both smile at each other.

"Don't mind if I still her real quick?" Mal asks Brooke, as she wraps her hand around my bicep.

"Not at all... she's.. all yours" Brooke smiles at Mal. I'm dragged away by Mal, she realizes she left her luggage. I go back and grab them, and follow her to the room she'll be staying in. We walk in, and she's rooming with Lindsey!

"Meep!" Lindsey practically yells before her and Mal embrace each other in a bear hug. I set Mal's luggage on the side of her bed. We hang in their room for a little while until we have to go down to the conference room for their meeting. I take a seat in front of my mom, ages sitting with her beat friends. Kelly and Allie bringing me into a hug from behind me. Allie pulls away, leaving Kelly. She pecks my forehead and finally let's go. After Jill's announcement and what she expects of this camp, and so forth. Tobin walks up with Christen, and Christen nudges Tobin to start talking.

"Uh right, okay. So Christen and I adopted last month. We wanted to introduce you to our daughter Brooke"

Brooke gets up from her seat, and she waves at everyone. They all greet her, and tell her how pretty her eyes are. She stands between Preath. Looks like she's earned a name for herself. After the introduction, us youngsters call her over. She sits next to me, and the entire time of us sharing jokes and talking. I can see her from the corner of my eye, when she glances at me. I'm pretty sure I'm the only one to notice since Mal as her head on my shoulder, looking at Sonnett making a fool of herself with Lindsey.

To be continued.

Brooke^^^^^

Brooke^^^^^