18.

HARLOW POV

[two months later]...

School has taken over my life once again. I had a six page research paper due in less than twelve hours. I was currently at stones place trying to get this paper together. My laptop decided today was going to be the day it stopped working. I've always hated the library... too many people that I know go there. It'll be an distraction.

"There she goes" stone smiled. He was holding a bouquet of flowers. "What are you doing with those?" I asked.

"These are for a special young lady who's been working so hard on her paper! And I'm so proud of how much she's focusing on her studies" he said.

"Aw, thank you!" I blushed.

"You deserve it. How far are you along in the paper?" He asked.

"I'm about four pages in. Still got two more to go" i whined.

"I love how focused you are. But please also remember to take a rest if it's needed. Don't want the little one being overworked" he said.

"I know!" I said. He kissed my forehead and left the room so I could continue typing. After that disastrous dinner or gender reveal I've stayed away from my family just so I could get my head right. So I've been at my dorm, school, and work... well being here as well. Just keeping myself busy as possible.

Typing away my phone went off. Peaking to see who it was. Well I'll be damned! My dad is calling me. Being suspect about that I let it ring. Continuing to type my paper my phone went off again. I sighed answering the phone "yes?!".

"Harlow it's me dad! Umm there's an emergency. Can you meet me at the hospital?" He asked.

"What happened?' Is it mom?!" I panicked.

"No! Mom is fine" he said. Closing the lab top and getting up "I'll be right there". Slowly walked so my legs can wake up from sitting so long. Stone turned to me "something wrong?".

I nodded "yeah my dad called me saying there an emergency".

"Hope it's nothing serious" he said.

I shrugged "hope not. But I'll be back". He nodded and I left. Making my way to the hospital I saw my mom, dad and Ryan. Looking around I saw the sad somber between all of them. "Hey what's going on?!"
I asked.

No one answered me "is it summer?!".

Again silence.

"Can someone answer me?!" The suspense was killing me. My dad cleared his throat "Harlow, Salem lost the baby".

"What?!" I said.

My mom nodded "she had a miscarriage".

Wide eying everyone but also feeling a little guilty cause here I am clearly pregnant. Ryan nodded "I know this isn't the time but I see you made your decision".

Having a delayed reaction "oh yeah I did".

My dad shook his head "Ryan not right now".

"Is she okay?" I asked.

"What do you think? She just lost a baby!" My dad said.

"Duh, I'm aware of that. But how is she doing? And lose the attitude" I said. My mom chimed in "She's hanging on. Why don't you go on in there".

"Me? I'm not the right person to uplift her" I said.

My mom grabbed my arm "please for me, Harlow".

Mentally cursing at myself I gave a fake smile "fine". Walking inside the room I saw Salem on the bed. She looked beaten down. I was feeling bad for her at the moment until she opened the mouth "why are you here? What did mom beg you to come in here?".

"Well hello to you too. Second, yes mom did ask me to come here but that's beside the point. Dad told me what happened... I'm sorry you went through that" I said.

She titled her head "are you really sorry?".

I nodded "actually I am. I couldn't imagine losing a child".

"Oh please! Harlow. You know you are so happy this happened to me. Wouldn't be surprised you wished this on me" she said.

"Really? I just literally stopped writing my six page paper to come down here. I didn't have to" I said.

"Maybe you shouldn't have" she said.

"Salem what happened to you?! You seem miserable. What the rich life isn't doing it for you anymore? Or is the hubby tired of you already? I mean what's the real problem here?! Do you despise me that much?".

She didn't say anything.

"Honestly I didn't even know who the father was" she said.

"Say what?!" I asked. Just then our dad walked in "Harlow let Salem rest". He was slowly removing me from room. My brain was trying to put two and two together.