48.

HARLOW POV

Things in my life have been going good. Can't really complain. My dad and I are slowly getting back in track. We made it our thing to at least meet up twice a month to chat and catch up. Plus, I want bentley to have a good close relationship with my dad like Kai's kids do.

Standing infront of the mirror just watching my reflection. Tonight was Ryder's party. Stone opted to stay home with Bentley. Seeming that the noise would be too much for him. Walking into our room I posed "how do I look?".

He smiled "you look... let's just say when you get back it's on".

I laughed "Stone!!! Come on... seriously!".

"I was being serious. But you look amazing" he smiled.

"Okay so the milk is in the freezer. Just take it out... warm it up and give it to him..." he cut me off "I know where everything is and how everything is done. Go ahead and have fun. Tell Ryder I said happy birthday and give her the card".

I smiled "okay...give me my baby so I can kiss him". He handed me bentley who was sleeping but I still had to give him kisses. "No kisses for me?". Looking at stone "here take him". He pulled me leaning me in to kiss him. "I was going to kiss you...." I whined.

He slapped my butt "have fun".

At the party I walked in and have to say I was a little jealous at how grand this was. The other children never got such a lavish party before. But Ryder deserved it. She's a good girl.

She ran up to me with open arms "you came!!!". I smiled "told you I would".

"You look so good! Baby body where?" She teased.

"Don't even play. I'm still a little self conscious" I smiled.

"Summer is over there... cause I know you'll ask" she smiled. I nodded and made my way over. She jumped up "oh thank god! You actually came. I was about to use my kids as an excuse to dip".

"You would. But yeah I came to support my sister" I said. Taking a seat next to summer and noticed Kai wasn't there. "Where's Kai?".

"Oh he was here but he had to leave. You know business" she said.

"Well Damn... who's watching the kids?" I asked.

"River is watching them. He didn't want to come here. He said too many girls will be here. I don't know. Hopefully the kids don't mess with him too much" she said.

A photographer came over and motioned summer and I to get together. We stood up and another female came to take a picture with us.

(Summer's character will be changing throughout this story

(Summer's character will be changing throughout this story...)

"Beautiful ladies!" The photographer said. We were about to take our seats when Salem came in through the door like a bat out of hell. Summer rolled her eyes "here we go".

Salem charged up to us "so I see daddy and you had an interesting date".

"Umm okay so?" I asked.

"Then you take a selfie and post it. Really?!" She asked.

"Salem you are an adult. Act like it. I'm sure not entertaining or enabling this bullshit. Deuces" I got up and walked away. Summer jumped up and followed me "bitch wait?!".

"I'm not feeding into her need for attention. It's Ryder's night" I said. My mom smiled "you came?!".

"Told you I would" I said. She hugged me tight "and I'm happy you and daddy are working on things".

"I know you are" I said.

"By the the way you ladies look beautiful" my mom said.

"And what about me? Mother.." Salem asked.

"You look beautiful too, Salem" my mom said. She flipped her hair "I know! Don't need for you to remind me".

"Jesus... she couldn't stay home" summer said.

I smirked "right?".

That's when I felt someone tap me. I turned and saw my dad "hey! You look amazing".

"Thank you" I smiled. He hugged me "thank you for coming. Ryder is beside herself".

"I wouldn't miss this for anything" I said. Hearing someone clear her throat "Umm dad you didn't compliment me!".

"Salem I did when you walked in. Let Harlow have her time" he said. Salem didn't like the sound of that. She huffed and stormed off. "It's like Salem never grew up".

"You ain't never lie" summer chimed in.

As the party went on... summer and I both ate and just chilled. Watching Ryder and her friends dance and be teenagers. "Where's stone?".

"This scene isn't his thing. So he rather watch bentley than be here" I said.

"Aww how is bentley?" She asked.

"He's good" I smiled.

We watched Ryder at her cake as we all sang happy birthday. Like I said Ryder deserved this party. She worked hard to have it. Kept her grades up and did what was asked. Girl never gave attitude either.

Turning my head quickly I see a pouty Salem sitting along the wall with a drink in her hand. She looks so miserable. Hearing applause I went back to see Ryder so happy. Tonight was a yoke night. Despite Salem who was reaching.